PDA

View Full Version : Britax Regent??

12-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Is anyone using the Regent in a vehicle without LATCH? I may buy one for our 2002 Suburban and was looking at the installation online. It looks a tad complicated for use with the safety belts.

Thanks

schums
12-12-2007, 10:32 PM
I have 2 Regents in my Durango installed with the seatbelt. It's pretty easy to install, actually, once you figure out where all the paths are. I can get a tighter install using the seatbelt than LATCH in my parent's cars. Plus, DS is over 48 pounds, so we can't use LATCH any more.

HTH,

Joolsplus2
12-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Is anyone using the Regent in a vehicle without LATCH? I may buy one for our 2002 Suburban and was looking at the installation online. It looks a tad complicated for use with the safety belts.

Thanks

Yes, the seatbelt instructions are fairly complicated in comparison to other seats (even the LATCH is...), they have some strange rules about which 'belt path' to use for a child of any given weight...but the install is usually rock solid once you practice once or twice, and we can help walk you through the instructions if you need it :)

tarynsmum
12-14-2007, 12:55 AM
I've only installed with LATCH once, since the majority of Regent installs I do are for older/bigger kiddos. Really, truly, it's not as complicated as it sounds. My advice: read ONLY the instructions that you need: i.e. only the instruction "for a child under 40 pounds, with the seatbelt". Anything else will just be more confusing (do read the rest of the manual, but focus on the installation that you will actually perform). Read it though once. And then again. And then again very slowly. And then go step-by-step, with the manual next to you. Yes, I'm serious. It's the only way. :)

801kelle
01-17-2008, 12:10 PM
We have 2 Regents and recently we had to put both in the same car.. and had to use the seatbelt to install one.. my husband said it wasn't that bad.. our friends were visiting and we put extra in for their son.