PDA

View Full Version : 5-month-old no bowel movement for 4 days

fattytuna
12-12-2007, 11:34 PM
ETA... Thanks for all your replies - we have success on day 6!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

DS is EBF and always had at least one bowel movement each day until 4 days ago. He's not spitting up nor does he seem bloated or uncomfortable. His stomach seems soft. We have not started him on solids yet. Should I be worried?

TIA.

JBaxter
12-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Nathan's record was 6 1/2 days :) I will warn you when it does happen it may require a bath to clean the poo out of the armpits :eek: EBF babies sometimes go through phases like that then sometimes poo ever feeding :D

Neatfreak
12-13-2007, 12:08 AM
My kiddo's doc said he only wanted to see her about constipation if she went 10-14 days without a bm!

tylersmama
12-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Around 7 or 8 weeks, DS went from pooping once a day regularly to once a week. When he made the switch, I was starting to get really worried since he went 10 days. He was nice enough to finally let it all loose while he was sitting in the bouncer and everyone else was sitting at the table eating dinner. It was a doozy!

As long as he doesn't seem uncomfortable or like he's straining, I wouldn't worry too much yet. Like the pp said, 10-14 days is not unusual for an EBF infant.