PDA

View Full Version : Will Macbooks go on sale after Christmas?

etwahl
12-13-2007, 03:22 AM
Trying to decide if I should wait until right after Christmas to buy a new macbook. Anyone know?

CallieA
12-14-2007, 09:50 AM
In my experience, Mac computers rarely go on sale. I waited a long time to buy mine, because I kept hoping I would find some kind of deal or sale! The best I was able to do was to buy online from a place with free shipping (MacConnection, I think) so that I could avoid paying sales tax!

Marisa6826
12-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Hey Tammy!

Nope, Mac Computers NEVER go on "sale". They sometimes throw in extra stuff, but they don't go on sale.

Heads up, though, they supposedly have new hardware (a new computer) coming out sometime in January. So, that means they may "discount" the old ones.

-m

tny915
12-14-2007, 01:37 PM
If you go through fatwallet.com, you can get 2% cash back from the Apple Store through the end of the year. It's not much, but it's something. And it's better than ebates 1% cash back.

jd11365
12-14-2007, 03:04 PM
The best deal is usually during back to school. They tend to throw in an iPod and printer, plus some states have their tax free weeks during this time, too. :)
The other thing is to check the *special deals* section on the left side of apple.com/store They usually have some great deals on clearanced and refurbished models. I got my router this way. They have the exact same 1 year warranty as the full-priced models, so you have no worries. Laura (lkibala?) buys in bulk for her job and gets great deals this way. It's how I learned about it. Don't hesitate if it says refurbished since you will get the same great Apple service and quality. Sometimes it was just an open box!

kijip
12-14-2007, 04:20 PM
We have used the refurbished section for both computers and gadgets/accessories. We own 2 MacBook Pros. The 17 inch one for my husband was almost $500 off on the refurb section. You can still buy AppleCare for refurbs so it is not a risk over the other ones IMO. I really do think AppleCare is worth it.

The best prices I have ever seen are when they come out with new ones and you buy the old ones or when they toss in a free ipod or printer. No sales in the strictest sense of the word.