PDA

View Full Version : kohls.com

scoop22
12-13-2007, 02:22 PM
i have ordered twice from kohls.com and will not recommend them to anyone. the first order was two years ago. i just had to have toys for ds. so it didn't matter the timing of the order. it took over a month to ship. so when i ordered gifts for christmas i got a really good deal on them and free shipping. i allowed myself time. today they cancelled my order. their reason is availablity.. i went to the website and they are still currently available to order. this ticks me off. i like kohls to. it might take me awhile to get over this one.

don't order from kohls if you are in a hurry! :mad:

s7714
12-13-2007, 07:12 PM
I have had availability issues with them on some orders too (like you said things showing available online but then not actually being available), but I've always gotten what is available pretty quickly. Maybe I've just been lucky on that factor!?

spunkybaby
12-14-2007, 05:18 PM
I ordered the Leapster L-Max from Kohls.com with the 30% coupon code about a month ago. Kohls sent me an e-mail cancelling my order because the L-Max was no longer "available." I checked the website and saw the it was still listed in stock, so I called the Kohls number on the cancellation e-mail. The rep I spoke with checked the stock, said there were plenty of Leapsters available, reordered it for me at my original discounted price, and gave me free priority shipping. I received the Leapster a few days later.

So my suggestion is to call Kohls. A pain, I know, but it may be worth it depending on what you ordered. And from my experience, the wait time on the phone was minimal.

ETA: the only bummer was that I think I lost my ebates $ since it ended up being a phone order. C'est la vie.

Mom to a spunky preschooler (3/04) and a spunky toddler (12/06)

nupe
12-14-2007, 05:22 PM
I just recently started ordering from Kohls.com. I have ordered 4 times in the last 2 months, now that I have a Kohl's card and can *usually* get free shipping and a percent off. I love that I can get harder to find items that are not available locally for me (e.g. automoblox and halo sleep sacks) shipped to my door for competitive prices. And they offer easy returns at the store.

I've had a few items cancelled (3 items total); however they were all clearance items, and I expected as much. As I have noted before, that has happened to me at higher end retailers in the past (Nordstrom and Japanese Weekend and Banana Republic), so I don't think all the availability software is always up to speed.

scoop22
12-15-2007, 12:55 PM
i was on hold the other day for 45 min. i finally gave up since ds was begging me to play. i will try again. i am sure it is busy for them right now but still.. i got 30% off and free shipping as well. i thought maybe b/c they split my order up they didn't want to honor the price anymore. i will keep trying.

spunkybaby
12-15-2007, 02:05 PM
i was on hold the other day for 45 min. i finally gave up since ds was begging me to play. i will try again. i am sure it is busy for them right now but still.. i got 30% off and free shipping as well. i thought maybe b/c they split my order up they didn't want to honor the price anymore. i will keep trying.

Ugh--45 minutes? I called the day after Thanksgiving, and the hold time was only about 5 minutes. Here's the number I called: 1-866-887-8884. I also tried e-mailing, but the e-mail response (which came several days later) was totally unhelpful. The phone reps were much nicer.

Good luck!
Mom to a spunky preschooler (3/04) and a spunky toddler (12/06)

KrisM
12-19-2007, 10:29 PM
I agree about calling them.

I placed an order, which included a book. About 10 days later, the order shipped. I got the box a couple days after that - no book. The next day, I got an email canceling the book order. I called immediately and asked why. They said it was unavailable. I asked why it was still online. She checked and they had 282 of them instock! She sent it out with the same discounts I had and free fast shipping.

I've also had things missing from orders and doubles of things. They're very messed up.