PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get pictures printed?

kellij
12-13-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm sure I've seen this topic on here before, but I'm having no luck when searching.

Do you have any place that you think does better than another place?

What are your photo developing experiences?

I've got hundreds to print, and I want to make sure they look as good as possible.

Thanks!

Marisa6826
12-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Are you talking digital prints? I love Qoop through Photobucket. Great options (borders or not, glossy or matte, etc.) and VERY reasonable. The turnaround is super fast, too.

They also usually have some sort of coupon code going on.

-m

hellokitty
12-14-2007, 12:48 AM
Sam's club, walgreens and walmart have been our best experience, since they use fuji processing. We feel that kodak processing does not look as nice as fuji. Sam's club is the cheapest of the three that I mentioned above.

kellij
12-14-2007, 02:07 AM
Thanks! And yes, I meant digital. :)

tylersmama
12-14-2007, 03:50 AM
I use Costco most of the time and have been pretty happy overall with them. One word of caution is that if you're printing 4x6 prints, double check the cropping before ordering. I've found that their automatic crop tends to cut off tops of heads and such, but it's pretty easy to fix it with their cropping tool. I printed off about 100 pictures from our trip to Italy for a photo album and they look great.

I used Walgreens last Christmas when I wanted to scan a photo of DS and make copies for family. I have to say I wasn't overly thrilled. I didn't have a choice of glossy or matte (I really prefer matte, but they gave me glossy) and the color was off (orangey) from the original photo. May have been a fluke and I know others have been happy with Walgreens, but that was my experience.

hillview
12-14-2007, 09:34 AM
I have been really happy with shutterfly. Be careful once you pick a service you will become their pawn as all your pics will be on their site and using them will be the easiest for YEARS to come :)
/hillary

Jenn98
12-14-2007, 09:44 AM
A long time ago someone posted a link to a review of all the online services for printing and it rated York Photo the best. I think Shutterfly was 2nd or 3rd. I had it bookmarked on the old BBB cause it really was an indepth rating but alas, it is not here now! I have used York with success. I have also used a lot of the others and been reasonably pleased.

kellij
12-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Jenn,

I think that was the thread I was thinking of because I knew it was a store I wasn't familiar with, bummer that it's gone!!

Thanks!

vludmilla
12-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi,
We've used many different services but our favorite by far is Ritz Camera. I don't know if they have them all over the country but in New York they are hands down the best, in my opinion.
-Victoria

Neatfreak
12-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Has anyone tried Mpix?

jillmk
12-14-2007, 09:51 PM
We've been really happy with Ritz.

We used to use Ofoto and thought they were good. About a month ago I ordered a bunch of pictures from Kodak Gallery (used to be Ofoto) and they were TERRIBLE quality--I was so disappointed and I'll never order there again!

Jenn98
12-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Jenn,

I think that was the thread I was thinking of because I knew it was a store I wasn't familiar with, bummer that it's gone!!

Thanks!

I did a Google search and I found it! But it looks like York photo has slipped from it's #1 spot.http://digital-photo-printing-review.toptenreviews.com/

jeniferrlynne
12-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Yes I have used them and have been very pleased. Cheap. Fast. Quality work. What you will love is how fast they will arrive. I ordered them on a Monday night and they were at my house Wednesday. I live in Oklahoma too and they are based out of Kansas which I am sure made a difference. We ordered all sizes, the wallets with rounded corners look very professional. They can do color adjustment if you wish. Oh be careful if you crop before you upload because they have an automatic cropper that makes a difference with one size in particular. It was better to have more of the pic to work with.

ETA I don't do alot of ordering so someone who has tried lots of different companies will be able to comment better on quaility. I just know the 2 different batches we have ordered were done well.

HHCs Mom
12-16-2007, 11:12 AM
I love Shutterfly. None of the local places around here do a good job and we have Walgreen's, CVS, and Wolf/Ritz right by our house. I've printed from all three in the past 6 months and printed from CVS and Wolf just this week for Christmas card pictures. Shutterfly's quality is just so much better, IMO. If you're not in a hurry and can wait a few days on the pics to arrive, they do the best job.

thomma
12-16-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm convinced york photo and snapfish are the same company. Check 'em out, they are identical. I used york photo over the summer and wasn't super impressed. I used to use Winkflash exclusively but had a few horrible orders so don't anymore. Now I use Shutterfly. I want to check out mpix soon.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

giavila
12-16-2007, 03:34 PM
I also love Shutterfly. We've been using it for a long time. I've tried Snapfish, I though they were ok. I like Costco when I need the prints fast, but I don't like the way they crop them either. So I have to always check that they are cropped correctly so it's an extra step in the process.

ellies mom
12-16-2007, 05:57 PM
I really like Costco. I don't use their online service though. I go in and use their kiosk at the store and then pick them up later. I do crop them myself ahead of time because I want to control what gets lopped off. I also like having my digital scrapbook pages printed there.