PDA

View Full Version : Need castle recs

ajmom
12-14-2007, 03:41 PM
DS will be 4 in Jan. He decided recently that he wants Santa to bring him a castle for Christmas, but it's too late for that now! LOL! But I would like to get him one for his birthday~ I really like the schliech (sp?) figures at Target, so I'd like something that might be compatible with those. I saw several on the target.com website, but I don't know anything about them. I also don't want it to be ridiculously expensive. Any recs?? TIA!!

ajmom
12-16-2007, 06:01 PM
*bump* Anyone??

mytwosons
12-16-2007, 08:50 PM
We love the Schleich figures! I saw that either Target or TRU has the Schleich castle on sale this week. I know I have a 20% off one item at TRU coupon and they often have the same, or similiar coupons out. Our local Learning Express also carries this brand, although I think they would have to special order the castle. But, they too have a 25% off coupon a few times per year.

Melissa and Doug also have a castle, which I think is around $70 and looks very nice. Creativebrains has a toy deal of the day and I think I've seen the castle featured. I know I bought the M&D barn as a deal of the day and haven't seen it cheaper.

Playmobil has a castle and you can sometimes find it discounted on Kidsurplus, or use the Learning Express coupon.

I've hear Lego also makes a castle.

JBaxter
12-16-2007, 09:01 PM
our local tuesday morning store had the Ryan's room castle for 49.99 we elected to go with the fire station :)

kaitlinsmommy
12-18-2007, 02:51 AM
We have the PBK one from last year in the attic waiting for when ds is a little older, but I have also seen a red one from Constructive Playthings that I really like.