PDA

View Full Version : Note to self...

LarsMal
12-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Train table- not such a great idea for a 2 1/2 yo after all!!!

My parents got DS a train table for Christmas. We gave it to him yesterday since they were in town and could see him open it. As I'm typing this he is ON TOP of the table, taking apart all of the track my mom, dad, and I spent a decent amount of time putting together.

Oh well, I guess it's one of those toys he'll "grow into"!!

Gena
12-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I think that's the normal way for a 2 1/2 year old to play with it!

lisams
12-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Every 2 year old I know has done the same thing with our train table. At that age DD used it more for playing with her little people, building blocks, puzzles etc. He'll grow into it!

s7714
12-14-2007, 06:56 PM
You mean it's not there to stand, sit and/or lay on? ;) My younger DD fully believes the best vantage point for playing with her trains is sitting right smack in the middle of the track layout. I'm just happy she hasn't tried doing it at the display tables in stores!

Don't worry, it's just yet another phase!

scoop22
12-15-2007, 01:16 PM
i had a feeling ds would do this if we got him one. we are going to wait till his b-day.. i wanted to get it now and let him get the sitting,standing, etc over with.. but i am sure your ds will find the correct use for it soon. he will enjoy it!!!

ThreeofUs
12-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Happens that way with every child up to about 4 years old that I know - even with tracks that are glued down!

Think of it as a developmental activity! ;D

LarsMal
12-15-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm just happy she hasn't tried doing it at the display tables in stores!

The reason I gave my parents the go-ahead was b/c he HASN'T done it at any stores, and he plays with it a lot of Barnes and Noble. Oh well, he isn't doing any harm. I just need to chill out and accept the fact that it's not going to stay in tact for more than a few minutes and he'll eventually play with it the right way. And then, of course, DD will start taking it apart!