PDA

View Full Version : DS rapidly approaching the weight limit on Turbobooster

Tondi G
12-14-2007, 09:41 PM
DS just had a visit with the ped and weighed in at 95 lbs!!! Any boosters have a higher weight limit?? He is 50.5 inches tall so not near 4 foot 9 as suggested! What do I do???? We are working on his portions and attempting to help him shed a few pounds with increasing his exercise. If that happens then we are safe for a little while but I was feeling a little panicky when I realized how much he has gained! YIKES!

~Tondi

Joolsplus2
12-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Britax to the rescue :). Their weight limit is 'approximately' 100 pounds, so you can go above (they test with the 105 or 120 pound female dummy, I think). The Monarch can be used backless.
Beyond that, most techs I know are more than comfortable using and recommending any seat with a 100 pound weight limit as long as a child needs one to fit in the seatbelt properly (bum all the way back, feet on the floor, shoulderbelt off the neck...usually at least 4 foot 9). The Turbo is the tightest choice, he might be more comfortable in a Combi Dakota or Cosco High Rise/Ambassador or Monarch...all of which are wider and deeper (oh, and the Graco Air Booster or Cosco Prospect, those things are very roomy)

Good luck with the healthy eating endeavour, though (I haven't figured it out yet, my kids won't eat a dang thing :( )

Tondi G
12-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks Julie.... I didn't know the Monarch went backless! I might have to take DS shopping and let him try out the seats. Just the other day my 2.5 year old blurted out... I need a new seat! My thoughts are Um no, your Britax MA's are JUST FINE! I said maybe we can get you a new cover.... how about Moo Cow and he seemed thrilled about the idea! Then my older son said... yeah and I want a seat that I can rest my head, ie full booster and thats when I started thinking about the whole 100 lb thing!