PDA

View Full Version : Ya know those infuratingly addictive Internet quizzes?

Fairy
12-15-2007, 02:33 AM
Well, here's one for you. The Impossible Quiz. There are a few locations for this annoying as hell sucker; here's one --> http://www.addictinggames.com/theimpossiblequiz.html.

Now, you've been warned, this is addictive. I've gotten as far as question 74. It's a quiz. With no real rhyme or reason. Seems to me to have been written somewhere in the UK. You get 3 chances at getting an answer wrong, and then you have to start over. And, since many of the answers are so obscure as to be impossible to figure out short of random guessing, the starting over at the beginning stuff happens alot. And when you're on question, like 66, and you have to start over, you just wanna bang your head against a wall. I'd go get the smiley for that, but I'm lazy.

Have fun. Don't hate me.

-- Fairy

himom
12-15-2007, 03:25 AM
and already I'm cursing you!

;)

Well, it's a good waste of a Saturday night!

Jodi

thomma
12-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks...a lot! 56 is killing me.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

elliput
12-15-2007, 10:13 PM
I gave up on number four. Any answer I clicked on didn't work.

AbbysMom
12-15-2007, 10:33 PM
I gave up early too! I don't know if anyone has tried this one but it is a cool word game site (I'm a geek for that stuff) and everytime you play, rice is donated to people in africa: www.freerice.com

tarabenet
12-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Fairy, I slap you! And I slap you again.

Erica, it is literal. Click the ANSWER. And then go slap Fairy. hehehe

Fairy
12-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Can I join in the slappage? I need to slap me, too. I'm on 72. I think. It's been a day. Just wait till you get to the one with the laser.

Radosti
12-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Why can't I get 10?

Fairy
12-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Why can't I get 10?

Cuz it's sneaky. "Choose" is a homonym.

Sugar Magnolia
12-16-2007, 12:35 AM
I can't figure out 16!!

This is not so easy to do after a glass of wine!

Fairy
12-16-2007, 12:41 AM
I can't figure out 16!!

This is not so easy to do after a glass of wine!

You're looking for the 7th letter of "the alphabet." Note, it's not the last time you'll see a question like this.

If someone gets to the 70's, I'm really stuck. I had to skip 71, 75, and 76. Just shoot me.

Sugar Magnolia
12-16-2007, 12:52 AM
I figured it out !

This is insane. Dh and I are going to be up all night!

Thanks Fairy! We are having fun.

JoyNChrist
12-16-2007, 12:58 AM
I'm on 66, and I want to throw my computer out the window.

I'm going to bed...

tarabenet
12-16-2007, 03:12 AM
One freakin' o'clock in the morning! FAIRY! I did some other stuff first, thank goodness, but then I came back to this evil puzzle game thingy, and here I sit. I had to skip 84, and then I got locked up on 87. Make it go away!

JoyNChrist
12-16-2007, 03:42 AM
Okay, DS woke up and I can't go back to sleep, so I'm back at it.

Fairy, here's some help...

***DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO CHEAT***

71 - Just notice the pattern and click on the top left rectangle when it turns green (you could maybe click any of them when they're green, but I did the top let and it worked for me).

75 - Position your mouse right under the #75 in the circle. After the bomb's lit, a green Escape sign will appear. Click it, but you have to be fast!

76 - Click Sugar, then Honey, Honey (you know the song?)

I just lost on #78...one more run then I'm going back to bed!

thomma
12-16-2007, 08:14 AM
I need help...what do I do for 56? I cannot figure it out.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

thomma
12-16-2007, 08:20 AM
nevermind...figured it out. stupid game. :)

sidmand
12-16-2007, 12:10 PM
I think 56 is the one I'm stuck on too (although I keep skipping #40 too 'cause I can't figure it out and I have lots of skips!). Is that the one that says "Remember" and has the vanishing bottle again?

Yes, I have an addictive personality, at least for all things computer. I used to stay up until all hours of the morning trying to finish Dark Castle (and old, old Mac game). Then I got to the end and had nothing to do!

Drag0nflygirl
12-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Good thing no one buys furniture this time of year...
Nancy

thomma
12-16-2007, 02:30 PM
For 40 right click and move the mouse to the spot. then click.

want help for 56? :)

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

Fairy
12-16-2007, 05:35 PM
I need help...what do I do for 56? I cannot figure it out.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

You need to refer back to 50 in order to do 56. I've been writing certain things down as I go, thinking I may need to remember them.

Fairy
12-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Okay, DS woke up and I can't go back to sleep, so I'm back at it.

Fairy, here's some help...

***DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO CHEAT***

71 - Just notice the pattern and click on the top left rectangle when it turns green (you could maybe click any of them when they're green, but I did the top let and it worked for me).

75 - Position your mouse right under the #75 in the circle. After the bomb's lit, a green Escape sign will appear. Click it, but you have to be fast!

76 - Click Sugar, then Honey, Honey (you know the song?)

I just lost on #78...one more run then I'm going back to bed!

Thanks, Stacy. On 78

*** HERE BE PATHETIC SPOILERS, AS I'M PROBABLY WRONG ***

The upper right choice is the only one I haven't tried yet. Not sure if that will work either.

kristenk
12-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks, Stacy. On 78

*** HERE BE PATHETIC SPOILERS, AS I'M PROBABLY WRONG ***

The upper right choice is the only one I haven't tried yet. Not sure if that will work either.

Hmmmm...The upper right choice isn't the one that worked for me on #78. The question is asking which of answers was the correct answer to a previous question, if that helps.

kristenk
12-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Does anyone have any pointers on the toenail question? I think it's 81. I've made it through twice, but I've been forced back to the beginning many, MANY more times than that. What am I doing differently???

sidmand
12-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Good thing today was a snow day! A good time to be inside and...well, no, playing this *annoying* game all day probably wasn't a good thing! Actually, I've only been playing on and off. I'm up to #77 now. And most I've gotten by myself. DH has helped on a few and I found this spoiler site when I get really really stuck:

http://www.escapegames24.com/2007/03/impossible-quiz.html

I'm honestly only using it when I get really really stuck!

ETA: Okay, I think I'm seriously giving up now because I can't cut the darn nails fast enough. And even if I manage to get it once, I don't see how on Earth I'm going to do it multiple times WHEN I have to start all over again!

denna
12-16-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks alot Fairy. Lol. Now Im addicted. Im stuck on the 'Lazer' one. I have continuously clicked until my finger is going to fall off. Is that the only solution or am I missing something? Somebody help me. Lol.

ETA: Okay so I guess all you do is keep clicking....

ilfaith
12-17-2007, 12:22 AM
For 40 right click and move the mouse to the spot. then click.

I've been playing on a Mac laptop and can't right click. I keep skipping this one. Is there another way around it?

Fairy
12-17-2007, 12:25 AM
I give up on the frakkin' toenails. Do I have to do 'em in a certain order or something.

I hate me, too.

kristenk
12-17-2007, 12:41 AM
I've made it through the toenails 3 times now. There have been a couple of other times that I would swear I got them all before time ran out, but the game thought otherwise.:32:

JoyNChrist
12-17-2007, 02:02 AM
I just go left to right on the toenails as quickly as possible. It's worked for me every time...maybe I'm just getting lucky on that one?

JoyNChrist
12-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Click and hold the mouse button down, move it to the spot, then lift up off the button. That should work (if that made sense).

sidmand
12-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Yep, I was going to say the same thing. I'm playing on a Mac laptop too and couldn't right click, but clicking and holding the button down worked for me (for #5 and maybe #30ish too?). So much easier (and faster) than trying to avoid the pink and the green!!!!

JoyNChrist
12-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Is anybody else sad that on #51 (FIGHT), the blue guy never wins?

Fairy
12-18-2007, 12:08 AM
I think I've had it at 90. Been on this one for a while. Might cheat tomorrow. Time for night night . . .

KBecks
12-18-2007, 12:11 AM
I am not. even. looking. Nope. not gonna. The BBB is the only addiction, thank you very much!

mudder17
12-18-2007, 12:36 AM
I think 56 is the one I'm stuck on too (although I keep skipping #40 too 'cause I can't figure it out and I have lots of skips!). Is that the one that says "Remember" and has the vanishing bottle again?

Yes, I have an addictive personality, at least for all things computer. I used to stay up until all hours of the morning trying to finish Dark Castle (and old, old Mac game). Then I got to the end and had nothing to do!

Wait, how are you able to skip #40? I'm still stuck on 40...

sidmand
12-18-2007, 10:03 AM
I give up on the frakkin' toenails. Do I have to do 'em in a certain order or something.

I don't think there's a certain order (could be wrong), just need to get them all. I think I got nine before the time ran out! Argh. At least it gave me a reason to give up on the quiz! I simply cannot click fast enough to do all of them. I almost don't click fast enough to do the lazer or get the escape arrow, so I think I'm just a bit slow on the draw...better skip any future duels...

Fairy
12-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Wait, how are you able to skip #40? I'm still stuck on 40...

You have to make a bridge so that your mouse won't touch the pink. You can do this one of two ways. I'm trying to think of a way to hint you without giving it away . . .

. . . The first way. Ok, there is more than one button on your mouse. Try one and see if you find anything that will help.

. . . The second way is an unintended cheat, but you need it if you have a mac, but it also works with a PC. It also involves clicking a mouse button. Ya know in the 3rd Indiana Jones movie where Indy has to take a leap of faith. he can't see the bridge cuz it's camoflauged in with the rock face? Well, you'll also have to take a leap of faith while holding a mouse button.

JoyNChrist
12-18-2007, 01:24 PM
. . . The second way is an unintended cheat, but you need it if you have a mac, but it also works with a PC. It also involves clicking a mouse button. Ya know in the 3rd Indiana Jones movie where Indy has to take a leap of faith. he can't see the bridge cuz it's camoflauged in with the rock face? Well, you'll also have to take a leap of faith while holding a mouse button.

Can I just tell you how much I absolutely love these directions? Too funny. :)

mommy_someday
12-18-2007, 10:40 PM
How in the hell do you get past the meteor one? You know, the one that says something like, "Hurry up, it's the end of the world!" This starting over stuff sucks dill pickles. :32:

Oh, and just FTR, it's not nice to make a pregnant lady crazy.

Fairy
12-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Ah, the Armageddon one where the meteors are flying, and it's a bomb question? Ok, on that one, there is a definite thing on the page you have to click. Tho it's not invisible and right there on the page, it makes no sense at all that that's the thing that you have to click. It's not like you can figure it out, you just have to randomly luck into putting your cursor over it and seeing that it's clickable. How do I hint this one, hmm . . . Ok, here's your hint.

IT'S SOMETHING YOU SEE WHEN YOU'VE BEEN SCREAMING!

mommy_someday
12-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Ah, the Armageddon one where the meteors are flying, and it's a bomb question? Ok, on that one, there is a definite thing on the page you have to click. Tho it's not invisible and right there on the page, it makes no sense at all that that's the thing that you have to click. It's not like you can figure it out, you just have to randomly luck into putting your cursor over it and seeing that it's clickable. How do I hint this one, hmm . . . Ok, here's your hint.

IT'S SOMETHING YOU SEE WHEN YOU'VE BEEN SCREAMING!

The only answers I can think of to the hint are the color red or the insides of my eyelids. I tried clicking on "sorry, no skipping" since the letters are red and the mouse cursor changes over it, but nothing happened. Also tried the question number and a meteor - also red. I did a print-screen and have been staring at the flippin' thing for entirely too long trying to figure it out. Got any more hints up your sleeve? Or you could just tell me and then I could hold off on the anyeurism I'm fixin' to have any. second. now.

Fairy
12-20-2007, 12:43 AM
The only answers I can think of to the hint are the color red or the insides of my eyelids. I tried clicking on "sorry, no skipping" since the letters are red and the mouse cursor changes over it, but nothing happened. Also tried the question number and a meteor - also red. I did a print-screen and have been staring at the flippin' thing for entirely too long trying to figure it out. Got any more hints up your sleeve? Or you could just tell me and then I could hold off on the anyeurism I'm fixin' to have any. second. now.

Scroll down.

Click the exclamation point :-)

marit
12-20-2007, 02:33 AM
I gave up on number four. Any answer I clicked on didn't work.

click "the answer"

Now, what's the thing with the horse?

Fairy
12-20-2007, 04:12 AM
click "the answer"

Now, what's the thing with the horse?

Well, you have a keyboard there. You should type something.

Fairy
12-27-2007, 03:51 AM
Anyone still doing this? I'm hopelessly stuck on 91. Thought I'd try here for a hint before I all out cheat and look at my list.

JoyNChrist
12-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Anyone still doing this? I'm hopelessly stuck on 91. Thought I'd try here for a hint before I all out cheat and look at my list.

DH and I are stuck with you...let me know if/when you figure it out.