PDA

View Full Version : Hyper-Dash

redhookmom
12-16-2007, 03:45 PM
We were given an early Christmas gift yesterday - Hyper Dash. What fun! My dh and 3 year old equally enthralled. The rest of us had fun with it too.

willow33
12-16-2007, 09:07 PM
I've seen it advertised, but how exactly do you play it? TIA!!

redhookmom
12-16-2007, 09:22 PM
One to eight players can tackle any of four different game modes, which include memory games and math problems that require you to quickly calculate the correct answers. Each level becomes longer and more challenging. The game is recommended for ages 6 and up, but adults will have plenty of fun as well. My 3 year old easily played the first level which simply has you identify colors. I think it was level 3 that asked you to solve a simple math equation and tag the correct answer.

Hyper Dash comes with a handheld, battery-operated "tagger" and five colored and numbered targets. Each about the size of a hockey puck, the targets can be set up side by side or spread out across 100 yards or more. Place the targets farther apart for more running and exercise, or place them close together when playing indoors. The tagger plays prerecorded music and gives clear voice commands as to what target or targets you need to strike next, and it tracks and announces the amount of time taken to complete each course. The tagger also keeps score and declares the eventual winning player or team.

So my little one would hear "red" and dash around looking for the red target to plunge the tagger on. The tagger would then announce the next color and she would race to the next color. After tagging about 8 colors the tagger announces your time. We began with the targets placed around the living room and ended with them all over the house.

HTH
Lucy