PDA

View Full Version : Which seat should I LATCH? (Infant vs. convertible)

wolverine2
12-16-2007, 08:14 PM
We put our SnugRide outboard next to our Recaro Como, which is FF in the center of our 02 Ford Taurus Wagon. You can use the LATCH in the center in the Taurus. We were originally thinking we'd use the LATCH for the Graco, and belt the Como. But because the anchors are spaced closer to the center in the Ford, if we do that, it pulls the SnugRide closer to the center and doesn't fit so well. If we LATCH the Como, and seatbelt install the SnugRide, the two seats seem to fit better since the SnugRide is pulled more to the door. Does that make sense? I've never installed the SnugRide with a shoulder belt before- we do have locking seatbelts, but not sure how that works- do we use a locking clip anyway or is that a no-no.

Thanks,
Carrie

DS #1 10/04
DS #2 Taking his time... 5 days after EDD so far!

Joolsplus2
12-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Yeah, those outboard LATCHes are SO into the center, aren't they?
You don't *have* to use a locking clip for a seatbelt install of the Snugride, but you will *want* to, to prevent the shoulderbelt from pulling it up sideways. This page has a video or two that might help http://www.carseatsite.com/videos.htm#rear-facing%20videos
I'd probably be tempted to just put both seats outboard...sometimes kids need space between them for family peace...then you could use LATCH for both as a side bonus :)

wolverine2
12-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks! I think we could put them both outboard eventually (though DS likes to see out the middle), but right now I really need the space for a grandma next to them, so I think we can make this work. It did seem better with a locking clip. Thanks for the videos as well.

Carrie