PDA

View Full Version : Disney with an Infant HELP, Please

Staraglimmer
12-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Ok, so before I found out that I was pregnant, my husband and I planned a trip to Disney. It is paid for and non refundable. It took us around 2 years to save for this trip. So we are scheduled to go in July. My daughter will be 3 months old. Should we just skip it, or should we go? Would she be totally miserable, or would she even notice?

Tondi G
12-16-2007, 08:44 PM
If you've paid and there is no way to get your money back I say go for it! It might be a bit on the hot side but a lot of 3 month olds are perfectly happy walking around in a sling or a stroller or in mom or dads arms. Chances are you will probably have a great time! 3 months is that magic age where they start being a little less fussy and a little more predictable. I've seen people at Disneyland with a 2 week old!!! Our younger DS went to Knott's Berry Farm for a day trip when he was 4 months and he was fine. Took his naps in the stroller.... enjoyed being out and about.... loved the carousel!

And by 3 months you should be feeling pretty good as far as recovering from delivery etc.

Hope it turns out to be a great trip!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/01 and Aidan 5/05

ErinMC
12-16-2007, 10:18 PM
We went to DisneyWorld last year when DS2 was 6 months old. We had a fabulous time. All around the park there are Baby Care centers, which were great for getting out of the heat (lots of A/C), had changing tables and rocking chairs for nursing/getting babies to nap. There were also water coolers, and they had baby items for sale in case you forget anything.

I'd suggest that you keep your expecations low, because you never know how the baby will do with the heat/crowds/noise, but Disney is *meant* for families and there is a lot to do. Bring a sling AND a stroller, so that you can stroll the baby around the park but keep the baby in your arms if you're in line. Also, you can always take the baby on boat rides, the calmer train rides, etc. And if you and DH want to go on more adventurous rides, they have a great Baby Swap program where one of you can wait at the beginning of the line then "swap" the baby so the other can go on the ride without waiting in line again.

Have fun!