PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone sell a world globe for less than 50?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
12-16-2007, 11:52 PM
DD is huge into geography this year and really wants a globe and a wooden puzzle map of the usa. I know I can get an inflatable one for about 7 but I'd really like to be able to give her an actual globe. We're not looking for one that talks,just a regular globe.
So many of the people on this board are such excellent shoppers that I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks.

HallsofVA
12-16-2007, 11:59 PM
My local Costco carries globes. Unfortunately I don't remember what price they are, but they were inexpensive enough that I considered getting one so they were probably in your price range. They've had them for awhile. Usually in the school supplies/office supplies/crafting aisle (not with the toys).

megulis
12-17-2007, 12:20 AM
A regular globe that doesn't talk is cheap. I think I have seen it for $13 at K-mart, and I think I may have seen it at other big name stores. Good luck!

Tondi G
12-17-2007, 12:28 AM
How bout this one!

http://www.worldglobes.com/educational-globes/table-top/globe4kidsworldglobe.cfm

or this one

http://www.worldglobes.com/educational-globes/table-top/travelerworldglobe.cfm

This whole site has tons of options

http://www.worldglobes.com/

urquie
12-17-2007, 12:46 AM
maybe $12 or $16??? i saw it last week with the office supplies.

My local Costco carries globes. Unfortunately I don't remember what price they are, but they were inexpensive enough that I considered getting one so they were probably in your price range. They've had them for awhile. Usually in the school supplies/office supplies/crafting aisle (not with the toys).

kijip
12-17-2007, 01:11 AM
We got one from Fred Meyer's (which is a Kroger owned local food and general merch store here in Seattle). It was less than $30.

I admired one at Costco recently that was about that same price.

For puzzles, I have seen a lot of different options. Do you want a floor large puzzle or one of those wooden ones where each state is a piece?

ellies mom
12-17-2007, 02:15 AM
Barnes and Noble has them for under $30 and Borders has mini ones. I want to get one for Ellie too, partly to answer her "why does it get dark?" question.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
12-17-2007, 03:25 AM
Everyone thanks so much for your suggestions. I think I'm going to check out barnes and noble tomorrow since I'm running into crunch time for shipping and don't have the best luck with catalog/internet ordering.

We're looking for a wooden puzzle that fits into a board. Optimally each piece would have a peg on it like she has at school but I'm not holding my breath. I know target has one but it's a little small. Guess I'll be making phone calls tomorrow.

stefani
12-17-2007, 01:45 PM
I got one from Costco a few months back, and I don't think it was over $50, more like $30. I am saving it for Christmas (or later) for DS. I remember seeing them at B&N and it was reasonably priced.

Good luck!

ellies mom
12-17-2007, 02:01 PM
Everyone thanks so much for your suggestions. I think I'm going to check out barnes and noble tomorrow since I'm running into crunch time for shipping and don't have the best luck with catalog/internet ordering.

We're looking for a wooden puzzle that fits into a board. Optimally each piece would have a peg on it like she has at school but I'm not holding my breath. I know target has one but it's a little small. Guess I'll be making phone calls tomorrow.
For the puzzle, check out Borders, Toys R Us (in the "educational" toy section) and your local educational supply store.

Jen841
12-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Nephew has a light in his room that is a globe, SIL said she bought it for $15 or so at CVS. Worth checking on.