PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a lunchbag for DH!

schums
12-17-2007, 09:12 PM
As I was doing dished tonight, I emptied DH's lunchbag for the first time in a long time (usually he empties it himself). The thing is falling apart -- it looks really bad!! You'd think this would have bubbled up to the top of his Christmas list. Anyways, I need some recs for an adult lunch bag, reasonable cost, that can get here for Christmas. He tends to take in leftovers a lot, so it has to at least fit 2-3 Ziplock containers (sandwich size) plus fruit, utensils, etc.

Any ideas?

TIA

caleymama
12-17-2007, 10:37 PM
DH packs a meal + snacks when he goes to work and currently uses a California Innovations lunchbag that we got at BJs around back to school time. I don't know if it's an item they ususally carry year round or not. I don't see it on the CA Innovations website.

Have you looked at Reusablebags.com? They have many great choices and have a guide to give you an idea of what will fit in each bag.

HTH :)

bubbaray
12-17-2007, 11:12 PM
REI carries the BuiltNY Gourmet Getaway, which is a nice size for adults. I recently got one. DH and I also both have ones from Costco, with the removeable liner. I like the removeable liner kind for DH. Makes it easier to clean out the mystery messes he leaves in his lunch... :(

Wife_and_mommy
12-17-2007, 11:36 PM
NOt sure if the inside is removable but Eddie Bauer has some nice ones that are insulated. They're about the size to fit a 6-pack and run about $16 or so.

Tondi G
12-18-2007, 12:41 AM
I'd have a look at Target or maybe sporting goods stores!

tina-t
12-18-2007, 02:53 PM
I bought a basic insulated lunchbag for dh at Target. However, the Built NY one looks nice and quite spacious.

http://www.builtny.com/VGCMS/vg_root/site_root/showPage.php?pageID=1570

I saw a few at Tuesday Morning last month and wish that I bought that instead.

LarsMal
12-18-2007, 03:00 PM
DH pointed one out to me at Dick's Sporting Goods the other day that he liked. I think it was Columbia brand. It was in the camping section where all the backpacks are.

Thanks for the reminder!