PDA

View Full Version : friendly holiday reminder-open and check stuff

brittone2
12-18-2007, 09:45 AM
before Christmas eve. Someone posted a message similar to this last year, and I know a bunch of people were helped by it. I just read a different thread and the mom mentioned that the dollhouse she ordered had some furniture issues, and the retailer overnighted her the replacements. I know in the past people have waited to assemble certain items and then discovered at the last minute that they had pieces missing, etc.

With shipping deadlines looming, it might be a good idea to open/check your merchandise in advance so you don't have any unexpected surprises on Christmas eve :) If you can find a way to assemble in advance so you can be sure you have all of the parts, that is probably a good idea. I can remember people having missing parts on Kettlers, train tables, etc.

MMMommy
12-18-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm the mom of the aforementioned dollhouse, and I think your posting is a good one! I remember last year setting up our wooden play kitchen in advance (about a month early) just to be safe, and sure enough, there were defective parts. I am all for inspecting your parts early or building the item early just to be safe.

hillview
12-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks ... read this and opened the gift my sister sent for DS and it was MY GIFT to her DS ... oops. Good idea!
/hillary

ellies mom
12-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Yeah, after the big hassle I went through trying to get a Plan doll house, I assembled it last week so that if there were any problems I'd have a decent chance of getting another one. Thankfully, it all went fine. I'd have been seriously bummed if I opened it Christmas Eve and found out it was broken. Now to keep DD from finding it.

annasmom
12-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Yep, I had one year where I had missing Kettler parts, missing Haba walker wagon parts, and was just plain old missing things from my orders!!

firstbaby
12-18-2007, 07:55 PM
We got the boys a play market, kitchen and refrigerator. The refrigerator was awful - the parts did not line up, one piece was warped, etc. So, although I hate being right sometimes (putting it together early was my idea), DH was happy that we had enough time to solve the problem. The play market was a little tough, and one part that didn't go together that great DH got out the hammer and wood glue for. I can tell you if it was 11pm on 12/24 there may have been a different outcome :)

scoop22
12-18-2007, 08:08 PM
thank you.. i never think of things like that. i am so happy people are here to remind me of important information! thanks

brittone2
12-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Other people have posted this reminder in the past, and I was really thankful for that, so I'm just passing it along this year :)

I thought I'd mention it since things can still be sent priority tomorrow and I think Thursday as well, so in the off chance you need any sort of replacement parts, etc. it is a good time to check. That way, hopefully they'll reach your family in time for the big day :)

sarahsthreads
12-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Thank you. Thank you. And, again, thank you. :)

Our OSA dollhouse went together very well except that we're missing the hardware to put the little car together. Not a big deal, if they can't get us the parts in time we can certainly find what we need at Home Depot (it's literally just 8 little hex screws we're missing) but that wouldn't have been an option on Christmas Eve! DH thought I was nuts for wanting to put it together tonight, but then when he realized we were, in fact, missing some parts he decided it wasn't such a bad idea after all!

Now I just have to figure out how to contact them tomorrow morning...

Sarah :)

KBecks
12-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Good point, I have 2 toys that need to be looked at, but they are also big. I'm going to need to be creative about hiding them!!

KBecks
12-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Good point, I have 2 toys that need to be looked at, but they are also big. I'm going to need to be creative about hiding them!!