PDA

View Full Version : Disney Photo CD?

dhano923
12-19-2007, 05:22 AM
Has anyone here done the Disney Photo Cd? They sent me an email offering me 20% off if we prepay. It seems like a good idea but I wasn't sure about one thing -- the instructions on the website say that Step 4 is that when you return home from vacation, you log into the website with your code, choose what photos you want on your CD and then order the CD. It goes on to say that the cost of the CD and shipping will be deducted from your order. Does that mean there is a separate charge to pick your photos? Or do you have the option to order the prints through them? The wording is a bit vague so are unsure. We like the idea of getting lots of family shots since otherwise one person will be taking the picture most of the time and we won't get too many family shots.

klwa
12-19-2007, 02:26 PM
We're planning on ordering this, so I think i've researched it right. By prepaying, there is no additional chargefor lookiing at/ choosing the pictures, unless you decide to order some photos as well as the CD. You just don't have to put every picture on the CD if you don't want to. You also have the option of adding borders, etc to the photos, also for free, which would then be saved as additional pictures, which can go on the CD. Also, if you decide to not order the CD, you should be able to get the money back, or order photos with the money. (It's a straight "money off" thing.)

Davids-Coco
12-19-2007, 07:37 PM
We do the CD thing. You can look at your photopass pictures for free regardless of if you pre-buy. And, while you don't have to put all the photos on the CD, you SHOULD! It costs the same no matter how many pictures you choose. So you can have 20 pictures taken at Disney, add borders online (and "Save Copy") to all of them, and have 60 pictures... and it is still the SAME cost! Its pretty great.

A photopass hint... take a sharpie with you. When you get your photopass card from the first photographer, take a minute in line to write your last name on the card. Put a phone number or resort if you want. This way, if you lose your card, the photos linked to that card are not lost. And, you can always make sure you got YOUR card back from the photographers and not a new card.

Oh, and don't be shy. Just walk up to the photographers, be polite and hand them your card. That is their job... but some people feel weird doing it.

dhano923
12-20-2007, 02:51 AM
Thanks ladies. I was just confused by the part where they said that they would deduct the cost of the CD and shipping from your order. So if you order your prints from them, do they deduct the $99.95 that you paid for the CD or am I understanding it wrong? That word "deduct" is throwing me off! LOL

klwa
12-20-2007, 07:52 AM
From what I understand, if you order the CD, you get it free, including shipping, then they'll add the cost of any prints to the bill. If you choose not to order the CD afterall, and just order the prints, they'll deduct the $99 from your order.

LD92599
12-20-2007, 09:03 AM
We just got home on Sunday and we have 160 pictures BEFORE i start playing with borders and such. Also there's a place in Downtown Disney where you can do a family photo session - it was really neat and the photog took a ton of pics. No characters at that time for it though :-(

Definitely DO NOT hesitate to ask the photopass person to ALSO use your own camera. They did with us w/o hesitation.

Once Christmas is over I'll add the borders and such (I played with it a bit and i can't wait to play w/ all the pics in that manner!).

I only wish they'd add photopass to the Cruise Line! Instead we still did the same - gave our camera to the photog which worked in all cases except for "special" photo sessions such as the lifestyle pics.

Have fun!

Laura

MamaC
01-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Curious, as we're going in Feb: what was the cost of the pre-paid CD with the 20% off?

dhano923
01-17-2008, 01:16 AM
Curious, as we're going in Feb: what was the cost of the pre-paid CD with the 20% off?

It's $99.95 after the discount. It's worth it for us -- we have about 85 pictures before I add the borders. It's great because we got a lot of family pics (with all of us) we wouldn't have gotten on our own!

LD92599
01-20-2008, 10:46 PM

Yes, $99 as the PP mentioned. I just got our CD on Thursday - we have 300+ pictures when you factor in the borders.

There's a ton of folders on the CD - i believe there's 20 pictures per folder. I need to move them into one large folder one of these nights!

Go for it!

Laura

mom2chloe
01-25-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm kicking myself for not finding the PP option.. I spent $125 on the CD after I'd taken every single picture, cropped it, put a border on it, put a different border on it, etc... same price regardless...so I put signatures, borders, etc... no reason to wish you went back... just have to make sure you order the CD before your online pics expire.

BEST money I spent while we were there... and I had over 700 pics WITH MY OWN CAMERA!!!! So I certainly wasn't without...

The photographers will get the smiles you miss while you are trying to juggle all the gear!

mdb78
02-20-2008, 05:56 PM
make sure the photogs take more than 1 picture. We took dd to DL 3 weeks ago. Our camera battery died and the photog with mickey only took 1 pic. When we got home and checked on the pics on the photopass card, the only pic with mickey was really dark.

klwa
02-21-2008, 07:41 AM
We just got our CD yesterday. 590+ pictures, including borders, etc. But, we had DH's whole family there, who got pictures together, apart, etc, and my parents with my nephew. About 150+ that I consider "Our" pictures.

supercalifragilous
02-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Can you take the CD to Costco/Sam's and order prints there? Or do you have to order from Disney?

Is there anything you "lose" (option-wise) if you don't order the prints from Disney?

ETC "pics" to "prints" for clarity.

klwa
02-26-2008, 07:34 AM
When you get the CD, there's a file on it that gives you the copyright to the photos included, so that you CAN take it to a store or send it off to get the prints made.

As for losing anything, I don't really think so, so long as you've gone through them before you order the CD to put the borders, etc on the pictures.