PDA

View Full Version : Leapster vs Leapster TV for a 3 yr old?

mommyx2
12-20-2007, 11:28 AM
So I bought DS a Leapster TV for Christmas from Santa thinking that it might be easier for him if he has it on the tv screen vs a small hand held screen. Well of course 3 days ago DS comes home from daycare and says that he wants Santa to bring him a Leapster. He insists that it is "the one like Jessie's so I can take it to Nana and Papa's house and in the car!" So now my question is do I try to find one before Christmas for him? If so do I get the regular Leapster or the L-Max? Or do I just give him the Leapster TV?

I know that last year after Christmas Target had the Leapsters on clearanced really cheap. Part of me says just to give him the Leapster TV and if Target has them on clearanced after Christmas to get him one then but then the other part of me says that if that is what he really wants from Santa then...

What would you do?

Peg
DS Benjamin 12/4/04
DD Katherine 6/1/06

daisymommy
12-20-2007, 11:59 AM
If it were me, I'd get him the L-Max. That way he can bring it back and forth to his Nana and Papa's house, or when you travel, plus play it on the big screen. I'd get it now and avoid the after-Christmas return lines and crowds. Save yourself the headache!

FWIW...We don't have the L-max, so I have no idea how well it works, but it's what we plan on getting Joshua sometime soon.

JanaMc
12-20-2007, 12:11 PM
I just bought a leapster L Max from the leapfrog site. Looking around it had the best price that I could find + an additional 10% off with promo code HL7SD. This is the last day for 12/24 shipping.

Jana
DS1 Samuel 6/04
DS2 Jack 8/06

mommyx2
12-20-2007, 12:26 PM
I figured that is what I should do but I got such a good deal on the Leapster TV (15.99 w/ free shipping on Amazon) that I hate to not use it. I am sure the Leapster L-Max would get much more use though.

I will check out Leap Frogs website on my lunch break!

Thanks again!

Peg
DS Benjamin 12/4/04
DD Katherine 6/1/06

mommyx2
12-20-2007, 01:52 PM
DS is going to be sooo happy on Christmas morning! I checked around online and Kohls had it for $74.99 but I am to cheap to pay extra for shipping to have it here in time. I called Kohls and they have it in the store for that price and they are holding it until I get out of work! Yeah! No shipping charges and I feel more comfortable knowing that I actually have it in hand and not having to wait for it to be shipped!

Thanks ladies for the help and I am sure DS will really enjoy it!

Peg
DS Benjamin 12/4/04
DD Katherine 6/1/06