PDA

View Full Version : See, this is WRONG for so many reasons

Marisa6826
12-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Could you imagine having these people as neighbours? I think I'd rather have Liz's neighbours, the Jones, or daresay, Lisa's Bully... at least they're more subtle.:13:

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/video/0,,20165758,00.html

-m

Clarity
12-20-2007, 04:46 PM
That was awful. Watching it, I thought - this must be what my brain on drugs would feel like. LOL

Marisa6826
12-20-2007, 04:57 PM
I hope they leave bowls of anti-seizure meds out for the reindeer...

Could you imagine being in a plane and flying over that??

-m

LarsMal
12-20-2007, 05:02 PM
OMG! That is ridiculous. "but not to late for the neighbors sake"- how thoughtful of them!

I bet the neighbors can't wait for the holidays to be over!

KBecks
12-20-2007, 07:45 PM
I think it's flipping hilarious. This is living in America, baby!

kijip
12-20-2007, 10:21 PM
OMG, I think that would trigger a seizure in my mother, who has epilepsy and PTSD flashbacks to war in my Dad. If we lived next door, I think I might have to complain to the freaking city council. Call me grinch but the flashing lights, ugh.

ShanaMama
12-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Oh my- that is a bit much! Anything but subtle.

vludmilla
12-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Wow, that is impressive but not what you want to look at day after day. I wonder if they are still friendly with the neighbors!

ellies mom
12-21-2007, 02:56 AM
When I was in college, I had the misfortune of renting a house in one of those "award winning Christmas light neighborhoods". It was pure hell. We couldn't afford to decorate our house and one of my roommates was Jewish anyways. Traffic was horrible for over a month, literally 30-60 minutes to get through the neighborhood, and we couldn't park in front of our house. People would even block the driveways. The worst was Christmas Eve. We had been gone all day so no one was home to turn on the single strand we did put up and it took us over an hour to get to our driveway, I was standing in the middle of the road to block traffic so we could actually turn into our driveway. And some woman is standing right in the way and says "Wow, these people don't have Christmas spirit". I snapped back " Well, maybe if you got the hell out of my driveway, I could go in an turn on the lights." The whole thing sucked so bad. Oh, and to make things worse, Thanksgiving weekend the neighborhood had some big house decorating pot luck sort of thing. We didn't know about it and were all out of town anyways and we came back and found our house TPed. Yeah, I'm obviously still bitter. Trust me, I will never live in one of those neighborhoods again. That is actually something I ask about before buying a house now.

kellyd
12-21-2007, 08:08 AM
OMG!!! You're not going to believe this, but my landlord wants to do this next year!!!!! He's so proud of himself for this idea. I tried to point out that 1) the neighbors are going to kill him and 2) that the porch is right outside the baby that we're expectings room. He is oblivious!! My DH says we'll wake him up everytime his lights wake baby up... I say, evil I know, but I'll sabotage his lights the first time I hear the music!!!! Please tell me WHAT are people thinking!!!!!! *Note to self - see if this breaks any borough ordinances!!!!

annasmom
12-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Woohoo!!!

O.k., granted this might throw me into a seizure, but I definitely miss the lights of good ole Northern New Jersey!!

bubbaray
12-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Light displays like this are becoming more common here. I don't mind them. I keep joking with DH that he and our next door neighbor should do it, they put up a LOT of lights between the 2 of them!

bisous
12-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Wow. I can't believe they were the winning entry in the contest. I can see that they went to a lot of work, but truly does it need to be so frenetic and random? I think it could be a lot more beautiful if it were a little slower and more peacefully done. This reminds me of the "aura" that I get before a migraine headache. Yikes.

ShanaMama
12-21-2007, 03:40 PM
OMG!!! You're not going to believe this, but my landlord wants to do this next year!!!!! He's so proud of himself for this idea. I tried to point out that 1) the neighbors are going to kill him and 2) that the porch is right outside the baby that we're expectings room. He is oblivious!! My DH says we'll wake him up everytime his lights wake baby up... I say, evil I know, but I'll sabotage his lights the first time I hear the music!!!! Please tell me WHAT are people thinking!!!!!! *Note to self - see if this breaks any borough ordinances!!!!

Oh no he won't!! You cannot let him do that!
Just wanted to welcome you to the BBBs and congratulate you on your pregnancy. Hope everything goes smoothly and uneventfully.

JoyNChrist
12-21-2007, 09:39 PM
I can see that they went to a lot of work, but truly does it need to be so frenetic and random? I think it could be a lot more beautiful if it were a little slower and more peacefully done.

ITA...if they slowed it down, it could be really beautiful.

Note to self - DO NOT let DH see this! :)

MelissaTC
12-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Note to self - DO NOT let DH see this! :)

Exactly what I was thinking!!! ;) He said last week that his goal is to transmit music so that people can drive by and hear his pre-recorded message and music. LOL.