PDA

View Full Version : Why does Amazon (for lack of a better word) SUCK?

hallelujah
12-20-2007, 06:57 PM
I was just on the phone with Amazon CS regarding a package (Glinda the Good Witch Barbie doll) that I had ordered on Dec. 9. I keep checking the tracking and it says notified of package on 13th and departure scan in MI on 18th. No time, no other information. So, it seems to me the package is lost. I'm wondering why the package I ordered 11 days ago was just scanned for departure 2 days ago, and why is it just sitting in MI? The girl told me to call back in 2 days. I said no way! I need this for my mom's Christmas present (she LOVES Wizard of Oz). Anyway, on phone for 19 min and I am told,"I have replaced the item and am sending it one day shipping. You will receive on Dec 24th." Thank you thank you! I say.
Log into Amazon account and it says,"You will not receive this package before December 25th." Estimated delivery Dec 31st. It does show that it is one day shipping. It also says on Amazon page you can order till Fri with one day shipping to receive on Dec 24th. Should I call back?? I really don't want to go to my mom's empty-handed. Uggghhh..:32:

niccig
12-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Call back. I agree it's a PITA. Can you put the phone on speaker and do something nearby while you are waiting? I've ordered somethings late, and I've been surprised at how fast they have gotten here - much less than they said it would. I hope it gets to you on time.

emmiem
12-20-2007, 07:12 PM
The problem is that Amazon just used third party sellers now. They don't have anything in stock.
Michele

hallelujah
12-20-2007, 10:33 PM
So, I just spoke to CS again, and explained that I was told I would definitely receive the package on Dec 24th, but it says estimated delivery date Dec 31 on my account. The girl I spoke to told me that it would NOT be there before Christmas, and I told her that the girl I spoke to previously told me it would be. So, basically I'm a liar..that's the feeling I got. I asked to speak to a supervisor. Once again, no supervisor is available. BUT..he could call me in TWO HOURS!!!!???!!! I told her that would be almost midnight my time. So, then she told me half an hour. I think the reps will tell you anything to get you off the phone! What do I do next? I doubt I will receive a call.

hallelujah
12-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Okay, supervisor never called. I took a couple Xanax before I called back, so I would not be so stressed out. My package that was supposedly lost in transit has now ended up in FL, so hopefully I will receive tomorrow or Mon. Also, I got a $10 credit!! ALWAYS ask to speak to a supervisor-don't deal with the reps. The supervisor was incredibly nice and now I can go to sleep not so stressed. So now I have TWO packages of the same item coming to my house. Do I get to keep both?? Or will they charge me for the extra package?

new_mommy25
12-21-2007, 12:15 AM
That really sucks. But at least it all worked out. I hate having to call CS to any company. They always hire boneheads. Don't get me started on my Magic Cabin saga last Christmas. I would keep both unless they tell you otherwise. Usually they let you just keep it since it is their mistake.

vludmilla
12-21-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm so sorry that you had such a bad time with your order. It definitely "sucks". I just wanted to say though that I have had good experiences with customer service at Amazon. Recently an order was misdelivered and Amazon agreed to send out a replacement item. It turned out that a neighbor who had said they didn't have the package did but didn't realize it for days. Amazon was going to take responsibility for a mistake that wasn't theirs (it was the post office).

katydid1971
12-21-2007, 01:59 AM
I ordered a set of Thomas books in early Oct. I just keep getting emails putting back the shipping date. First it was Nov, no problem I want them for christmas, then dec 18 again no problem, the last one was jan 3. Its not a huge deal because ds has way too much for xmas as it is but this is three months after I ordered it. I'm sure I'll get another email saying Feb next week. :52:

secchick
12-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Amazon does, indeed, suck. And don't count on being able to keep the extra item without being charged. I bought a Little People lift the flap book that arrived damaged since they don't shrink wrap their books anymore. They were great about sending out a replacement. They also sent another copy of a different Little People book at the same time, that I had never mentioned. Then they sent me reminder emails that if I didn't return the damaged book and the other book I would be charged for both. I thought it was stupid that I had to return the damaged book, given that most placed would have let me keep it, but I understand if they don't want to be taken advantage of. I can see it with electronics, but it seemed pretty stupid given the fact that the free to me shipping each way was definitely more than the cost of the book, and how many people scheme to have two of the same board book, but whatever. It took a half an hour on the phone to explain that they initiated an order for the second book that I NEVER requested. And they maintained were going to charge me for that one too if I didn't return it. They made me returm both and gave me a $5 credit bacause I complained about how stupid it was, but they suck.

kcandz
12-21-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm porting over as much as possible to Barnes and Noble and other sites because Amazon is so bad. Returns have always been a huge hassle, now I can take to a B&N brick and mortar. B&N works with ebates and escrip, amazon does not.

The shrink wrap thing I have mixed feelings about. None of us want damaged merchandise but the extra packaging seems so, er, not green.

secchick
12-22-2007, 11:39 AM
The shrink wrap thing I have mixed feelings about. None of us want damaged merchandise but the extra packaging seems so, er, not green.

I am with you on green packaging, and would prefer the smallest box possible and no plastic packaging like with a CD or DVD, but if you are going to package several books in a box that is *way* too big, is shrink wrap any less environmentally friendly than the dozens of stupid air-filled plastic bags that they throw in instead? If you are going to use the plastic, at least the shrink wrapping prevents damage, unlike the stupid air bags. Heck, a smaller box alone would prevent a substantial amout of damage doe to things being tossed about.