PDA

View Full Version : EPP foam on the Cosco Summit Deluxe HB Booster?

reneez
12-21-2007, 03:19 AM
I have been reading various websites that all say different things. Does anyone know if the Cosco Summit Deluxe HB Booster (model 22260STFE) has EPP foam? Is that what makes the deluxe different?

Thank you!!!

Joolsplus2
12-21-2007, 08:53 AM
You know, I'm not sure...
Is there some reason you are looking at that seat, though? There really are much better choices (it has low top slots, is hard to install in many vehicles, and doesn't make a very good booster)

tjham
12-21-2007, 11:40 AM
I agree with Julie. It's ironic they call it Summit! :confused:

Joolsplus2
12-21-2007, 11:59 AM
LOL! Too true...the Apex lives up to its name much better!

Anyway, I see from car-seat.org that there is EPP foam in it, yes. Still doesn't make it a good seat for most kids in most cars, however :(

reneez
12-21-2007, 02:20 PM
What would you recommend? Thanks!!

Joolsplus2
12-21-2007, 04:16 PM
What age and weight kiddo are you shopping for?

:)

Joolsplus2
12-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Ok, I read around... 34 pounds and 37 inches and 3 yo? What car do you have? What seat currently?

My first hunch is to say Sunshine Kids Radian, because it's very tall and a good choice for forward facing, and has a higher weight limit than the usual 40 pounds, so you won't be shopping frantically for a seat when she or one of the younger kids hits that weight (my dd fit in it till age 7/49 inches/49 pounds). The Cosco Apex is also a good one, but it does require a high seatback or headrest behind it, so no good if you have an older van with low seatbacks. It's got EPP foam, high top slots, and becomes a really good booster later if you need it for that (you'll probably just use it harnessed, I'm guessing, and keep handing it down... a regular belt positioning booster like the Britax Parkway is still a slightly nicer choice as a booster when kids are too big for the harness on the Apex).

:)