PDA

View Full Version : Baby's first Christmas

kochh2
12-21-2007, 12:04 PM
just wondering if anyone has any good ideas for stocking stuffers and gifts for an 8.5 mo little girl?? People are asking me... yes, procrastinators they are..... and we didn't get too much for her, as her Bday is in 3 mos, and she's a baby.. bows and wrapping paper will be the big hit!!

bubbaray
12-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Klean Kanteen sippy, Foogo sippy, (both are non-plastic sippies).
Ty pluffies "Baby's 1st Christmas" bear

More later -- I have to check my stash of stuff for DD#2, LOL. I can't remember anything at this point and have probably bought doubles my brain is so fried.

CiderLogan
12-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Gifts:
Toys for the next few months: easy puzzles, blocks, balls, board books, a small baby doll,.... basically there's tons of fun stuff in the baby toy aisle. Of course, clothes. Any gear you still need, like a non-infant stroller or highchair? Jumperoo?

Stocking stuffers:
Pacifiers if she still uses them, baby hairbows, jars of baby food, spoons, baby fork/spoon set, palm-sized balls, smaller board books, loveys, playsilk, container of Gerber veggie puffs or Cheerios, Little People tubes, soft-soled shoes such as Robeez

kochh2
12-21-2007, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=bubbaray]Klean Kanteen sippy, Foogo sippy, (both are non-plastic sippies).
Ty pluffies "Baby's 1st Christmas" bear

Yes.. i am on the hunt for a SS sippy for her, i waited too long to order one :( but have you heard of the safe sippy?? it looks really cool, unfortunately i'd have to drive an hour each way to pick it up, as it is not sold closer from what the website says :( oh well!!

new_mommy25
12-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Last year DD was the same age. Santa brought her a Kathe Kruse Nikki doll and Hearthsong basket and blanket. He filled her stocking with
2 board books, 2 wooden shakers, bath toy, 2 Haba teethers, Thomas train, and a snack container. From us she recieved the Haba fantasy blocks and Haba Wonder Dice.

Other ideas:
sippy cup
snacks - gerber puffs, cheerios, baby mum mums etc.
snack trap
tiny diner
portable high chair
puppets
Little People
shape sorter
Wheel Pals or Viking Chubby Cars
Skwish

brittone2
12-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Between last year and this year, baby stocking has included:
teethers
bibs
socks
CDs
hair bows
snacks like freeze dried fruit (like the Just Tomatoes stuff)
KK sippy
hankie-sized playsilks
holztiger cat
babylegs
tights
board books
CA baby wash (need it anyway around here!)

When DS was 10ish months his first Christmas he got similar stuff. One thing I gave him that they both play with is a set of large jingle bells mounted to a strip of leather. They are large bells...too big to choke on if they came off.

Small cloth ball (or potential dog toy is what it would become here ;) )
felt ball, o-ball, etc.
swing for outside if you have a tree or something to hang it from
ring stacker
special 1st Christmas ornament, possibly engraved/monogrammed?
bead maze
first purse or wallet (DD is obsessed, I mean, totally obsessed w/ my wallet)
Taggie blanket?

I'm all for looking at things they'll need anyway at this age or in the near future. Soft soled shoes, tights, socks, clothes, baby wash, snacks, sippy cups, special bib, utensils, etc.

SnuggleBuggles
12-22-2007, 12:50 PM
I would love to get away with getting nothing for the baby as he will be 3 weeks old and not give a care about it. :) Plus, he has everything he needs. But, ds1 would be highly suspicious if baby didn't get any presents. My clever strategy was to buy a really small stocking for ds2. It'll fit like 2 tiny toys in it.

Beth