PDA

View Full Version : What are you most excited to give DC??

hillview
12-22-2007, 10:17 PM
DS is 2.5 years old ... I am getting excited for him to open his Haba marble track because I want to play with it and to see his face when he comes downstairs after Santa comes.

What about you??
/hillary

MMMommy
12-22-2007, 10:35 PM
Can't wait for DD1 and DD2 to play with their wooden dollhouse! It's this one--

http://tinyurl.com/399jw5

bubbaray
12-22-2007, 11:01 PM
DD#1 -- her Corolle 14" Blonde Vanilla doll, b/c it looks soooo much like her!

DD#2 -- hmmm, tough call. Maybe the bath toys I got her? Or the Baby's 1st Christmas Ty Pluffie?

momtoonegirl
12-22-2007, 11:06 PM
My brother and his family got DD (22 months) a Plan toys Kitchen set with food, pots and pans, and dishes. I think she will be so excited :)

mamalia
12-22-2007, 11:06 PM
I can't wait to see her face when she sees Santa's gift. She's been asking for a birthday cake for almost two months now. The Santa at the mall couldn't believe his ears when she ran up to him and asked him for one. And it comes as part of the CUTEST tea set...

Djeco's Tea Set
http://www.oompa.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=DJ6511&source=froogle

Tondi G
12-23-2007, 12:49 AM
for my 6.5 year old the Star Wars Jabba Sail Barge Lego set that is out of production/sold out now!

For my 2.5 year old I am excited for him to open the kitchen my mom got him at Tuesday Morning! I think he will also be excited for his Little Einsteins bath toy!

kijip
12-23-2007, 02:26 AM
I am most excited for either the bike or the anatomy book. He is going to love both!

JoyNChrist
12-23-2007, 05:31 AM
Radio Flyer Walker Wagon and Taggies Grabby Elephant...I really think he's gonna love them!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
12-23-2007, 10:44 AM
DD-her puzzle of the united states,she already got the globe she wanted from mil last night and loves it so hopefully the puzzle will get the same reception.

Ds-M&D play food set and Lightening Mcqueen car from the Disney store.

brittone2
12-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Their new kitchen (because I want to play), and a few felted food items I made them, especially some cupcakes that I did. I have the feeling they will be a hit w/ DS for some reason (and watch they'll be a total flop LOL).

In the past, DS has often favored a gift that I didn't expect, so who knows? The year we got him his train table, he was actually much more excited about a wooden coffee maker we had gotten him from babystyle (similar to the Kidkraft ones). He still uses the train table and loved it, but he *really* liked that coffee maker LOL.

Those surprises make it kind of fun. You never know what's going to get them the most excited of all the gifts!

elliput
12-23-2007, 12:20 PM
I am expecting DD to go ga-ga over her very own baby doll, but she is really into puzzles right now so she may think the snow shovel is the best thing ever.

It's a crap shoot around here. LOL!

vludmilla
12-23-2007, 12:56 PM
She's already gotten her play kitchen from grandma and she LOVES it. She acts very serious, marching around the kitchen with her pots and pans, mixing things and such.
I am really looking forward to giving her M&D play food.
I think she'll really like her Rody horse too and the ball track from haba.

annasmom
12-23-2007, 01:42 PM
DS#1 Radio Flyer My First Scooter - He has been asking for a skateboard, and I have had to explain to him that Santa does NOT bring skatenboards to 2 year olds (well, o.k., he will be 3 in a few days, but still)! I think he will be SO thrilled when he sees the scooter.

DD - I am really not certain, nothing really struck me this year. She is SO easy to please though - she was gushing over the book that her teacher got her. I guess I am just really excited for the whole event - Christmas Eve, Christmas morning, etc.

DS#2 - Again, not sure. I guess the X-Large Rainbow arches.

BeachBum
12-23-2007, 04:53 PM
In the past, DS has often favored a gift that I didn't expect, so who knows? ...
Those surprises make it kind of fun. You never know what's going to get them the most excited of all the gifts!

I've found this to be true as well. In my limited experience the initial day of excitement doesn't always translate into long term play value either.

On the "day of" I think DS will be most excited about a hot wheels type ramp, but I don't seem that exuberance lasting. I'm most excited to see him get the PBK vacuum cleaner. It is the only item that he asked Santa to bring him.

I'm really excited for Christmas morning! :D

Pennylane
12-23-2007, 05:10 PM
DD #1, not really sure. Maybe the High School Musical Wii game with Microphone, pretty dress up clothes. She is 6 and hard this year.

DD# 2 fancy shoes, that is all she talks about and I got her a big box of them. She is going to freak!

DS Thomas Roundhouse, trains , shake and go raceway. He is going to be thrilled with everything!

Ann

bluestar2
12-23-2007, 08:17 PM
deleted.......

hez
12-23-2007, 09:32 PM
His bike. DH put it together today :)

aidansmommy
12-23-2007, 10:35 PM
I can't wait for ds to open his remote control car he's been wanting. It's the only thing he asked Santa for. I'm also excited to give him the Giant Zoo Lego set. He loves his Legos and this will be a great addition.
For dd I'm most excited to give the Haba Dragonstone Castle. It's absolutely adorable!

pb&j
12-23-2007, 11:37 PM
A brio-knockoff train set. And he's getting lollipops in his stocking, and I know he'll go bonkers for those!

randomkid
12-23-2007, 11:51 PM
That is a really cool dollhouse! I like the open design. I was thinking of getting DD a kitchen for her B-day in Jan, but now I'll have to reconsider.

MelissaTC
12-24-2007, 12:23 AM
The Leapfrog globe. He really wanted a globe. And his Carolina Hurricanes jersey. He has been asking for one since June.

urquie
12-24-2007, 03:00 AM
i've been eyeing that globe for a while now. i'd love to know how it holds up and if it gets lots of use.

The Leapfrog globe. He really wanted a globe. And his Carolina Hurricanes jersey. He has been asking for one since June.

Jen841
12-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Bought #2 the HUGE Tonka engine, he is going to go nuts. SIL and BIL gave him a "short" truck last week and he played with it for hours.

For #1 he is obsessed with his guitar (at 4!), bought him a guitar stand and strap. He already thinks he is a rock star, just wait until tomorrow.

kerrief
12-24-2007, 09:25 AM
It's been hard not to give it to her sooner!

Kerrie

JBaxter
12-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Nathan has been asking for an earth and an abacus for MONTHS. Every time anyone asks him what he wants for Christmas the answer is the same nothing more nothing less ..

I cant wait to see hs face when he opens the Leapfrog interactive globe it is way to advanced but he will love using the stylis to touch the items and hear it talk.

The other item is a remote control backhoe. DH is in the construction manufacuring business and Nathan is super excited when he sees anything "digger"

So it will be a toss up.

mytwosons
12-24-2007, 04:31 PM
A brio-knockoff train set. And he's getting lollipops in his stocking, and I know he'll go bonkers for those!

have you tried the Yummy Earth lollipops? They *are* the only lollipops DS1 has had, but he loves them and I don't feel *as* guilty.

bluestar2
12-24-2007, 05:47 PM
remote controlled car