PDA

View Full Version : Silly complaint for a pre-Christmas Eve afternoon...

sidmand
12-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Now we (finally, they couldn't tell at the last ultrasound, since baby wasn't cooperating!) know we're having a girl and I'm stuck on a name that won't work at all with DH's last name! Silly silly silly in the grand scheme of things!

I was watching a movie and fell in love with the name "Lila."

Well, DH's last name (which is different than mine), starts with an "La" and has three syllables. It would sound totally silly with Lila! Why am I just stuck there?

I actually don't think it's totally awful, but Lila La.... isn't the best idea, is it? I told DH he just has to change his name. Yeah, not going for that one. Or I suggested all the boys (one) have his last name and all the girls (one) have mine. Yeah, probably not going that way either.

Ah well.

Wife_and_mommy
12-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Well, I don't think that's silly! I hope you're able to find the perfect name for your baby girl. :)

hbridge
12-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Could you add a name after Lila and call her by two names? That way you could have the name you love and still use DH's last name.

vludmilla
12-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Well, I guess you think maybe the name combo is too sing-songy or otherwise sounds funny but I spend a couple of minutes trying to imagine the last name based on the information you gave and I have to say, based on my guesses, it doesn't sound bad. It doesn't seem like it could be as bad as Pilot Inspektor (celebrity baby name)! Just kidding.
Anyway, if you love the name, don't give up on it just yet.