PDA

View Full Version : Sony Baby Call Monitor?

wookiemouse
12-23-2007, 05:53 PM
I have one of these for my first DS and LOVE it. I'm expecting baby #2 in April and would love to have a reciever in DS's room and one in the nursery but only use one monitor (ie, the portable part of the setup) to cover both rooms. Does anyone know if you set both recievers and the single monitor to the same channel, if that will work? Or is the monitor and reciever programmed together?

Stacy

HallsofVA
12-23-2007, 09:03 PM
We've had a Sony BabyCall monitor (27 channel one) with DS for about 3 years now, and bought a second one a year ago when DD was born. We've done it occasionally where we've set both sets to the same frequency without an issue, other than the fact that you'll hear noises from both rooms, and may have a hard time telling one from the other.

We have one in each kid's room, set to separate channels, but often mix and match the receivers depending on which room we want to listen to. Thus if DD is napping, we have it set to her room, and change it to DS' channel when he's napping and she's awake. Only when both kids are down do we carry around the second receiver.