PDA

View Full Version : So Irritated With Myself Right Now!!!

randomkid
12-23-2007, 11:45 PM
DH has been wanting a Wii and I told him we really don't need to spend that kind of money on a video game (you have to figure in extra contollers, games, etc.). So, I just had it in my head that we will NOT get one. DH agreed and said we should just wait and get one later. Well, his boss happened to score two of them and offered one to DH. We agreed "no" - so, what does DH do? Offers it to XW so his girls will have it for Christmas. OK, she is already getting the 16yo a freakin' car for Christmas!!!

Why am I irritated, you ask? Well, I didn't consider that by the time I give them the money they want and buy a few gifts, I'm spending about the same as the base cost of one. Then, I didn't consider that FIL would be here and likely hasn't bought anything. Yep, he's giving them money! All in all, our money and his money combined would have more than paid for the Wii and the extras - dang it! Now, we have nothing exciting for my stepdaughters, and their Mom is giving a car and a Wii. I'm trying not to be irritated with DH because I told him "no way" and he actually listened to me. However, he told me about it in the morning and that evening came home saying he had already called XW and offered it to her. By then, I had time to think about it, but it was already too late. :32:

Also, the girls never asked for it, so I figured they weren't interested. I can't tell you how many times I asked what they want for Christmas and I got "money" or "I don't know". FIL comes to visit and they tell him they want a Wii - ugh, teenagers! :52:

Wife_and_mommy
12-24-2007, 02:49 AM
So sorry it didn't pan out! I do that all the time--need to think things through.

Hope your Xmas is merry nonetheless!

randomkid
12-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks for your reply. I just needed to vent and I can't vent to DH because I don't want to hear "I told you so" (which I deserve in this case).

So, DH just called me from Target to tell me they have 3 Wiis there, do I want him to get one? Of course, now I said yes, but the girls are with him, so there goes the surprise, but he's happy. So, now we have the Wii, but I've already wrapped $170 in cash and gift cards that I wouldn't have done if we had the Wii in the first place! DH won't want me to not give the girls cash and his is a gift card to an outdoors store, so I'm now spending way more than I intended. I know it doesn't seem like all that much more, but finances are really tight right now (rental house that's empty, working part time, child support, etc.).

Again, thanks for the vent. We'll have a nice Christmas, I'm just freaking a little about the extra money being spent. Oh, and DD's birthday is in 3 weeks! Guess I'll be picking up extra hours at work.

I am having fun decorating the gifts with DD and all is well, I just have some anxiety and needed to get it out so Christmas is better for me.

Thank you! :)