PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Newbie--Any Advice?

shburks
12-24-2007, 05:29 PM
We've been to WDW a number of times and feel like we have a good "lay of the land" for attractions, restaurants, hotels, etc. but we're considering a trip to Disneyland next summer.

We would be flying from Hawaii to LAX (or similar) and then driving cross-country to Kansas stopping here and there for a road trip/vacation/move.

I've never been to Disneyland. Is it crazy to even consider it in June?

Are there any good recommendations for reasonable close hotels? We would probably just do a one day (maybe two) visit to Disneyland.

It would just be two adults and one 3 1/2 year old.

writermama
12-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Are there any good recommendations for reasonable close hotels? We would probably just do a one day (maybe two) visit to Disneyland.

I love the Grand Californian, but more reasonable priced hotels are available within a short walk from the gates. I've stayed at the Candy Cane Inn ( http://www.candycaneinn.net/ ) and we considered the Carousel for our last trip, but they were booked

Other hotel reviews here:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Hotels

I don't know Disneyland's crowds, though and have always visited there off-season.

sgr
12-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Most schools don't get out until the second week of June. So, it should be less crowded the first two weeks.

DDowning
12-29-2007, 02:15 PM
The first two weeks of June will have carry over of May Gray and will be relatively cool (low 70's) so pleasant, typically burning off and getting warmer in the afternoon. As far as crowds, the new Nemo ride opened up the second week of June this year and the crowds were huge. Don't know if there will be as big of a turnout this upcoming year. I believe the new attractions on the horizon are mostly in California Adventure, a new Toy Story ride, but I'm not sure when its set to open. Also, typical Southern California passes are blocked out starting the weekend of Father's Day so you'll see more local crowds during the week. As far as hotels, the main benefit of staying at Disney Hotels is the early entry into the parks. If you're not a morning person, then I recommend the HoJo across the main entrance on Harbor.