PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve gifts??

Emmas Mom
12-24-2007, 09:22 PM
This is the first year I've gotten Christmas PJ's for the girls. We've traditionally opened one gift on Christmas Eve. I'm wondering though, should the PJ's be the gift?? Or do I give them the PJ's & then a little gift to open? If I make the PJ's the gift then it's going to get predictable every year if I keep doing that & then I don't think they'll be excited about a gift on Christmas Eve. :rolleyes: Anyone else out there do gifts on Christmas Eve & PJ's too??

ellies mom
12-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Well, it is a little late for this but I give DD her Christmas PJs on Thanksgiving night. But in your case, I'd give the PJs in addition to a gift.

Emmas Mom
12-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I think if we do the PJ's next year we'll give them a little earlier. I know I was reading old posts (BC: before conversion) & people were talking about getting them on Christmas Eve so I figured we'd do that this year. But, I have a Dora DVD that I think I'll let them open & watch before bed tonight. :)

AngelaS
12-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Mine just opened pjs for the third year in a row. So far, they haven't caught on that they're ALWAYS opening pjs on Christmas Eve. ROTFL! :D

daisymommy
12-24-2007, 11:57 PM
When we were kids, we always got our Christmas PJ's and a small gift on Christmas Eve.
This year my two kiddos got their pj's on, and were so excited to go to sleep so that Santa could hurry up and come, they never got to open their gift! Ah well. DH and I were so frazzled and exhausted, we crashed on the couch after putting them to bed--glad the evening was over!

Emmas Mom
12-25-2007, 02:10 AM
Mine just opened pjs for the third year in a row. So far, they haven't caught on that they're ALWAYS opening pjs on Christmas Eve. ROTFL! :D

I guess I could try that for a few years! lol But I know my girls were way more excited about the DVD than the PJ's. :rolleyes:

kijip
12-25-2007, 08:46 PM
I am dull. We do PJs on Xmas eve. But then again, we also see his best friend on Xmas eve (we are very close to the parents as well), and the kids exchange their gifts then. So he does get 1-2 things on Xmas eve that are not PJs.

JoyNChrist
12-26-2007, 05:10 PM
This is late, but FWIW, we've decided to do PJ's and a book (Christmas or winter themed) for the Christmas Eve gift. That way he can put on his PJ's and we'll read the book before bed. I think it'll be a nice tradition.

MamaKath
12-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Years we are home it is pj's and a book. Most years we are not home, so then it is a huge German celebration on Christmas Eve with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents and tons of presents. We try to still give PJs and send all the kids home in them. The kids were upset that with all their gifts this year NO pjs came on Christmas Eve. Lol! Guess it is a tradition they like.

Thatchermom
12-27-2007, 03:59 AM
It can't be that boring to open them every year...I ALWAYS got jammies for Christmas, and now give them to the kids and DH. It must not have ever been a downer to me if I enjoy it still today.