PDA

View Full Version : Playmobile Storage

hanaum02
12-25-2007, 10:44 PM
My 3 year old son got his first Playmobile set this year for Christmas. I thought it was really nice and he LOVED playing with it, but wow - I had no idea how many pieces those things have. So, I'm just looking for storage ideas. How do other people store these sets at home?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Michelle

dotgirl
12-26-2007, 12:14 AM
My DS is in the same boat! Got PlayMobile, loves it .. and I don't know how to store it. I'm eagerly awaiting replies to this thread.

redhookmom
12-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Well, I don't have the answer but I thought I would share what we do anyway. My ds is 8 and has been really into Playmobil for years. The system that he has developed is keeping the big pieces on shelves in his closet. (castle, pirate ship, etc.) He then keeps the small pieces seperated in small bins. "Men" go in one bin. "Weapons" go in one bin. And, "other" goes in the third bin.

My dd got the Fold and Go house for Christmas and one of the Fairytale sets. I think trying to keep them separate is going to be more trouble than it is worth. Maybe we will go with the same system that her brother set up. I think her categories would be "people," "animals," and "other."

I have looked in the Playmobil catalog for a storage solution and not found anything. I am now wondering if one of those nail storage boxes would work well? But *I* would like to keep the different sets separated...

kristenk
12-26-2007, 12:44 PM
I don't have a good solution for the big playmobil pieces, but I'll share what we do. A long time ago, DH and I picked out a small bookcase from Target that was going to be for DD's toys, but that would look okay in the family room. I bought several fabric storage cubes (here's a link to the fabric cube at target.com: http://tinyurl.com/265m8z (http://tinyurl.com/265m8z)) that fit into the bookcase. They also fit on the shelves in DD's closet.

Anyway, right now, one fabric cube is dedicated to Playmobil stuff. She's not very interested in separating things out into different categories, so one giant bin works for all of the accessories. When she gets into organizing things, though, I have another piece of Target furniture that's the size of a nightstand, but has space for 3 smaller fabric cubes and I'm envisioning that as the new home for playmobil stuff.

The only big pieces we have are the farmhouse and the take along dollhouse that she just got yesterday. The farmhouse has been living on her train table for a very long time b/c I didn't have another place for it. I think that I'll probably move the farmhouse and the dollhouse (with its pieces, if possible) into her closet.