PDA

View Full Version : Toddler play table pencils/crayons organizer ?

Masik
12-25-2007, 10:55 PM
We're not ready to buy an easel just yet, but I'd like to keep DS's art supplies he got for Christmas handy and on top of his play table, when needed. I'd really like to get ideas how to store his pencils, crayons, block crayons, etc and be able to put that away once he's done :D.
TIA!

ellies mom
12-26-2007, 02:09 AM
We have a small scrapbooking tote that I picked up at Michaels a while back. It holds a few pads of papers, crayons, colored pencils, stickers and a small pair of scissors. Basically all the things that I let DD have constant access to.

new_mommy25
12-26-2007, 02:25 AM
We have a set from DS's preschool a few years back. It was made out of a milk carton and tp tube and has space for 8 markers, 8 crayons, glue and scissors. I usually keep that out because it's easiest, along with a pad of paper.

deannanb
12-26-2007, 06:46 AM
I put everything in a plastic pencil box -
easy to see 8-10 crayons or markers and just as easy for clean up and storing.

redhookmom
12-26-2007, 02:20 PM
A plastic ware organizer. The kind with 6 separate areas to stand the utensils up in.

bubbaray
12-26-2007, 04:21 PM
We use a 3 drawer organizer:

http://www.sterilite.com/ProductDetail.html?ProductId=362&Section=Storage

It sits on top of the 3 drawer cart we use for larger supplies:

http://www.sterilite.com/ProductDetail.html?ProductId=407&Section=Storage

The smaller drawer unit for the markers, crayons etc can be moved to whatever table DD#1 is working on.

94bruin
12-26-2007, 06:15 PM
I don't know how many pens & crayons you have, but we store our markers in old yogurt tubs (the large kind.) They are out of reach since I don't want dd to mark on forbidden surfaces. The Stockmar block crayons are always put back in their metal container. I also have old plastic wipe containers to store regular crayons. The crayons stay on top of her play table.

SnuggleBuggles
12-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Well, my ds has an insane number of art supplies so keep that in mind.

Until yesterday our system was to keep the paper in a plastic file folder storage box and just keep the commonly used items (crayons, tape, scissors) on the table. For a long time ds wasn't interested in art so everything was stored in plastic totes (the under bed kind) in our closet.

Yesterday ds got something that will be very useful though! He got a plastic Black and Decker toolbox for his art supplies (and filled with them) from his grandparents. It has some removeable bins on the lid that we will use for the most commonly used items. Inside there is a removeable part that has more commonly used things and smaller items. Undrer that is where paper is being stored. It isn't super attractive but it's organizational abilities make up for it. We will get a ton of use out of it (already have!). My ILs liked it better than any of the official art supply boxes at places like Michael's.

Beth