PDA

View Full Version : x-post Thermos Foogo Sippy review

bubbaray
12-26-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm x-posting this b/c I know some people here were interested in these recently. Also, MEC is supposed to be selling them in 2008, not sure what colors they are getting in. I got mine at TJs, they had both the pink and the blue in both styles, but said that they are constantly sold out. They had a couple of other colors in the straw sippy too, a camoflauge one and one other.

I gave DD#1 the Thermos Foogo straw sippy and DD#2 the handled/spout sippy in their stockings yesterday.

straw sippy: http://www.thermos.com/Product_detail.aspx?CatCode=Foog&SubcategoryID=44&ProductID=739

handled sippy: http://www.thermos.com/Product_detail.aspx?CatCode=Foog&SubcategoryID=43&ProductID=736

OK, these sippies are so freakin' CUTE!!!! The pink and purple is just perfect for my girls. Neither leak. At all. The straw sippy keeps liquids cold for 12 hours according to the package. The handled sippy keeps liquids cold for 6 hours. I'd have to say the handled sippy keeps things colder longer than 6 hours. Both girls really like their cups.

Comparing them to the Klean Kanteens, I totally LOVE that these are insulated and don't feel cold or damp on the outside. I got 2 new KKs for DD#2 that have the green Avent sippy spout and they don't seem to leak, but I know people were complaining about the KKs leaking in the past.

I plan to buy more of the Thermos foogo cups, probably 2 more handled sippies for DD#2 and one more straw cup for DD#1. We already have 6 KKs, but if I had it to do over I would probably buy the Thermos ones instead. They are pink, after all! :)

HTH

Neatfreak
12-30-2007, 11:14 PM
Cool! I ordered one of the straw cups from TJs (would have ordered more but their shipping to Edmonton was $10 - yikes!) so that I can see what they're like because I can't wait for MEC to put them on their website ...

MamaBear
04-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Love these! I had my husband pick one up at TJs last fall (we were living in Europe at the time) for our son who was then 13 months old. It worked so well for him! When we got back to Canada, I bought 4 more - 2 in blue for him, and 2 in pink for me. No more disposable water bottles or polycarbonate containers for me.

I bought this latest batch online, but have also seen them at Macklem's in Toronto.

pamela mom of 3
05-05-2008, 02:14 PM
sounds good! i'm trying to locate one for my youngest.. can't seem to tho and i cannot drive into the big cities...

where can i find one online that wouldn't cost me and arm & a leg to ship LOL

lorinick
05-05-2008, 02:37 PM
FYI they sell them at BRU. I just called and they put one on hold for me they sell for 14.99. They only had only a couple left.

pamela mom of 3
05-08-2008, 09:48 AM
FYI they sell them at BRU. I just called and they put one on hold for me they sell for 14.99. They only had only a couple left.

you know i checked my TRU/BRU combo store and didn't see any.. but i will check again tomorrow, i would guess their probably gonna be a bit hard to get ahold of for awhile.