PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen the "Alvin and the Chipmunks" movie?

jacksmom0902
12-26-2007, 06:14 PM
My boys (5 and almost 3) think the preview for the movie is hilarious and I'm wondering if the movie is age-appropriate for preschoolers and also if it would keep my almost 3 year old's attention. Nevermind that they've already latched on to the "bow, chicka, wow wow" part of the preview!

Thanks!
Karla

JustMe
12-26-2007, 06:40 PM
I took my 4.5 year old to see it yesterday. It was perfect for her and she loved it. Very cute and kept her attention without scaring her (very hard combo to find in my dd's case). As for me, it was cute enough and I wasn't bored. I recommend it to anyone going with young kids.

JustMe
12-26-2007, 06:42 PM
About your 3 year old...hmmn, it would keep his attention as far as what is being shown on the screen, but it is not particularly short. Over 90 min. I believe? In any case, I think if any movie of that length would work this one would.

SnuggleBuggles
12-26-2007, 06:42 PM
I have not been but my 5yo has been twice now and intends to go many more times! My mom said there was a bit of potty type humor but she didn't have problems with that (me either since ds picks up all that stuff at school anyway :)). Nothing scary at all.

Beth

Corie
12-26-2007, 10:09 PM
We took both of our kids (DD- 6yrs and DS-3yrs) to see
it on Christmas Eve.

My daughter thought it was hysterical. I have heard the
words "the Love Doctor" about a million times now.

My son didn't last through the movie. He thought some parts
were funny but he wanted to go home.

Kungjo
12-26-2007, 10:57 PM
I took my 5 and 2 year old to see it and we enjoyed it. Even my 2 year old was mermerized.

hardysmom
12-26-2007, 11:28 PM
I took my 6 yr old DS and 3.5 yr old twins today. It was cute. DS loved it. It held the twins attention pretty well. In fact, this is the first movie I didn't have to remove one in the middle.

stephanie

Globetrotter
12-27-2007, 12:01 AM
It wasn't a particularly clever movie (don't expect Pixar standards :)) and there were lots of inconsistencies, but it's perfect for little kids! Very cute :)

Kris

JoyNChrist
12-27-2007, 11:25 AM
I took BIL's daughter (8) and his fiance's son (4) the other day...it annoyed the hell out of me (those voices, AAAHHH!), but they seemed to love it. Most 3 year old I know would like it, I think.