PDA

View Full Version : I just scored Dansko Professional clogs $51.89

Radosti
12-26-2007, 10:45 PM
OMG... OMG... I have wanted Dansko clogs for a while, but there is no way I'm paying $100. So, I was looking at them on Amazon and they came up $57.99
http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Dansko-Professional-Oiled-Black/dp/B000G60F94/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1198720321&sr=1-4]http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Dansko-Profes...98720321&sr=1-4

But when I tried to add them to my cart, all it adds is a North Face backpack for that price. So, I called Zappos.com and asked them to match that price. I decided they were the same thing as the Latigo Brown leather color (SKU #121215). The girl didn't agree with me as Amazon has Latigo Brown listed as well. I explained that it's just a different seller on Amazon. She still thought the color was way too light. I had to give her the ASIN # by the way for her to find it on amazon (B000BIVTLA)

So, I went to dansko.com and looked up all available colors in leather. It was down to Latigo Brown or Antique Brown. No lighter brown leather available. She was looking with me and went to ask a few people. I guess everyone agreed that it's Latigo Brown, so they Price Matched it for me!!!! And it will arrive on Friday (my birthday). I am a size 8, so a 38 in Dansko, but I am so worried that I might actually need a 39. I hope not!!! For a total of $51.89 it is such an awesome deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bandklangley
12-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Oh dear - can't find any in a 39 :( Wish they had my size!

Radosti
12-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Go back to the link and look for your american size. I just did 8 US and it came up in the brown for that price.

hellokitty
12-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Um, wow! That is an incredible deal! You're a lucky ducky! I love dansko professional clogs (esp when I was working as a RN), BUT due to their high price I resorted to finding other brands with a similar closed heel clog. I really love my eastland patience closed heel clogs. They are not cheap, but I can find them on sale (so I can get two prs of eastlands for the price of one dankso), since eastlands are pretty easy to find and I live in an area where only ONE store (a nurse supply store) carries danskos. Here's a link to the clogs I currently love, they are actually not as clunky or heavy as my danskos, and look a little bit more dressed up. I liked them so much, I bought two pairs at the same time (B1G1halfoff), the cashier thought I was crazy and asked me why I did that. I told her that I hate shoe shopping b/c I have weird feet, so if I find a shoe I like, I buy two prs at once! Yes, I am weird, BUT I have saved a lot of headache from shoe shopping, I do this with my athletic sneakers too and it has paid off (since they discontinue shoes so often, if I like a pr I get two at the same time).

http://www.eastlandshoe.com/eshop/product.asp?dept%5Fid=4&pf%5Fid=125

Anyway, just another option for those of you who love dankso professionals and are looking for something that is similar in looks and comfort.

uclamom
12-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Wow - what a great deal! Don't you get a rush from finding a great deal? I do! I don't need brown ones right now and the black are not on sale, but it's still a great deal. I'm going to e-mail my sister - she may need new brown ones. Thanks!

Radosti
12-27-2007, 01:00 PM
They are on the UPS truck out for delivery.... I will have them today!!!!! How cool is that. I ordered them late last night.

avamarcelle
06-07-2009, 10:07 PM
I thought this was current and got all excited