PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Radian, Regent too big - other suggestions please?

swan01
12-27-2007, 10:01 AM
DD is almost 3.5, 35 lbs, 38 in (I think). She is in a Marathon in one car, but our other car is a truck (Toyota Tacoma double cab). We purchased a Radian because of the narrow width and low profile. We have been having lots of problems with the straps (they are very hard to tighten, so much that after you tug and tug on them, the seat itself always seems to come lose - we have complained and complained and Sunshine Kids does not seem to care). So, DH is ready to throw the seat in the trash.

The Regent is HUGE. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
12-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Did you order the longer buckle strap and wider buckle 'tongs' for the radian? that might help. And I hate to say it but how about some non-slip shelf liner? I know that seat moves forward when you tug it, the problem is that the harness yoke gets crammed in between the seat and seatback...the longer buckle strap will make it so you don't have to tighten and loosen so much, and a little shelf liner will keep it from moving (also, put it in recline mode, that seems to help get a tighter install).

Ok, enough with the cheapest fixes...

Maybe the Cosco Apex? That Tacoma has a headrest, right? It's necessary for the Apex (might also be called Alpha Elite or Safety 1st Signature Biltmore).