PDA

View Full Version : Christmas book suggestions? (50% off at BN)

Corie
12-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Christmas books are 50% off at Barnes & Noble.

I am headed over there this afternoon. Any book suggestions?

Corie

buddyleebaby
12-27-2007, 02:19 PM
The Friendly Beasts (adapted by ?)

Mortimer's Christmas Manger by Karma Wilson.

The Donkey's Christmas Song by Nancy Tafuri.

ellies mom
12-27-2007, 02:27 PM
My absolute most favorite ever is "The Littlest Angel".

AngelaS
12-27-2007, 02:28 PM
If you take a Mouse to the Movies
The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey
We Saw a Star
Who Is Coming to our House?

Corie
12-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Do you pack away your Christmas/Holiday books or leave
them out year-round?

curious...

ellies mom
12-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Do you pack away your Christmas/Holiday books or leave
them out year-round?

curious...

I keep them with my Christmas stuff.

gogofans
12-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Who is coming to our house
A beautiful Nutcracker pop-up book (closest I will get to the Nutcracker wtih my two boys!)
One Baby Jesus - hard book, done to the tune of 12 days of Christmas
The Night Before Christmas - bought DH a nice version since his Dad read this each Christmas Eve to them

The Night Before Christmas I put away with Christmas, and the rest we keep on the top shelf of the book case. That is where I keep "seasonal" books.

dr mom
12-27-2007, 09:05 PM
My absolute most favorite ever is "The Littlest Angel".

I was reading this at B&N right before Christmas, and I started weeping right in the middle of the children's section...I blame the pregnancy hormones. It is such a beautiful story, and the angel's sincereity and innocence are so sweet and childlike...I'm not sure I will ever get through it without tearing up. This was a favorite when I was a child, too.

Corie
12-27-2007, 11:09 PM
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35841

ellies mom
12-27-2007, 11:29 PM
I was reading this at B&N right before Christmas, and I started weeping right in the middle of the children's section...I blame the pregnancy hormones. It is such a beautiful story, and the angel's sincereity and innocence are so sweet and childlike...I'm not sure I will ever get through it without tearing up. This was a favorite when I was a child, too.

Normally, I cry every time I read it too but this year DD asked me to read it so often that I can just about make it through the story. We've read the story every year since I was a young child. My mom is on her third edition.

And I had to stop reading Christmas stories in the bookstore too because they were all making me cry too.

HHCs Mom
12-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Who is Coming to Our House?
Also the Mary Englebreit version of Twas the Night Before Christmas. That book is just gorgeous! The detail in the illustrations is wonderful! DS1 likes to look at the pictures and just talk about all the things he sees in them.

I pack our Christmas books away in the closet on December 26th. We pull them out and read them daily from December 1st until December 25th. :)

colleenfs
12-28-2007, 11:25 AM
There is a new Nutcracker by Susan Jeffers. Just beautiful.
Polar Express, of course
Holly the Christmas Fairy from the Rainbow Magic Fairy series - did Carson like Ruby?

I put the Christmas books, cd, and DVDs (and toys like the Little People manger) away for the season. During Advent, I wrap them up and let the girls open up one Christmas book/movie/cd every day. Makes it more special, and it's fun!