PDA

View Full Version : Toys toys everywhere!!!!

Mcgbaby
12-27-2007, 08:31 PM
We recently sold our house and are not sure where we are going to end up so right now we are in a small 2 bedroom apartment. Most of our stuff is in storage but our place is still packed - all the closets are filled, under the beds stuffed, every space is packed!

Although I thought that our families would recognize this (as we have been complaining alot and they have actually seen how small our space is! LOL) we reminded them months ago that smaller, lighter Xmas presents for the kiddos would be much appreciated. So what did we get??

First a bike - never mind that we have no driveway, feets of snow, its DECEMBER!, no garage or extra storage - the bike is parked next to my son's bed, great!

Next, is a PBK anywhere chair. We have 5 different children's chairs already here! Now I wouldn't mind as much except that I had a conversation with the giver about how I know she would love to give my daughter one but if she could wait until we are in our next house - and she AGREED! But I guess she conveniently forgot??

Another great gift is a 5 foot x 4 foot large car race track - actually crash em car race track! My husband insisted we set it up so it is in the middle of our only living space. I have tripped over it too many times to count already!

There are more but the bottom line is we have NO ROOM for all of these toys. I have been tripping, my daughter keeps falling and crying and I am about to lose it! I would love to get rid of some old toys to make some room but my husband is the OLD TOY PROTECTOR!!!! I am going to have to make some secret toy removal missions so that I don't feel like a hoarder :) And the people that gave them to my children always ask about them and visit often so I can't really donate them.

Sorry - it was just a tough day. I wanted to put away all the Xmas toys but alas I had nowhere to put them. So they are on the floor, the bed, the couch, under the kitchen table....

I am really not ungrateful but a book or puzzle would have been easier to store :)))))

elephantmeg
12-28-2007, 08:04 PM
I am sick of triping on Christmas toys too! Hope you get moved to a great new place soon!

Jenn98
12-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Sounds like you need to pack a lot of toys in a box or two and have it get "lost" in the move to the next house. At least then you won't have to deal with them there!

kijip
12-29-2007, 01:57 AM
We brought our son home to a studio loft apartment and our relatives were routinely giving us gifts that would have required 2-4 years of storage. Like galoshes, rain coat and umbrella. Cute, really but where was I to store it for the 3 years it would take my then newborn to grow into a size 4T? I totally feel your pain! It's nice to get gifts but since I can't store stuff on the ceiling, please consider scaling the gift to the space!

ellies mom
12-29-2007, 02:13 AM
I feel your pain. Some people just don't get it. We used to travel for Christmas and every year we'd tell MIL that we were flying and to please keep that in mind while buying our gifts. And every year, she'd give us just a ton of crap that we'd have to lug home. Finally, one year, when she went way overboard again we commented that we were going to have a hard time getting it home and she tells us, "It's OK I bought a suitcase for you guys". So we had to explain very slowly that it wasn't a matter of not having a suitcase but that we could only bring so many suitcases onto the plane. Not to mention how difficult it is to navigate parking/car rental/check in/etc with a young child, stroller, car seat and 3+ bags. Yeah, buying a new suitcase isn't going to help.

Kungjo
12-29-2007, 10:29 PM
I feel your pain. My house is overloaded with toys. It's in every room. The kids have taken over!!! SIgh!

nfowife
12-30-2007, 02:21 AM
Get rid of what you don't want and tell people it's in storage. But congrats on selling your house in this horrible market!!