PDA

View Full Version : Rav4

Ona
12-28-2007, 01:48 AM
Hi, everyone! I have been trying to find information concerning the child safety anchors/latch/tether in a 2007 RAV4, but I only run across reviews for older models. I know that the 2007 is different from its predecessors. Can anyone provide information or links about the safety features in this car concenring child safety seats? I've read that fastening an infant seat was difficult but that was about the 2004 model. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

Joolsplus2
12-28-2007, 08:41 AM
I think it's roomier now than it was, most seats should fit fine. It'll have the lower LATCH bars for the window seats only, so you'll need to use the seatbelt if you want a center installation. Seats with 'built in lockoffs' will work best in that case (Graco Safeseat 1, Chicco Key Fit, Britax Companion, Combi Centre, and I *think* the new Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 30/30, Compass infant seats, too).

niccig
12-28-2007, 02:11 PM
We rented one. I hated the seatbelt set up in the back seat. The passenger outboard was fine, but the center position and the driver outboard position overlap each other. The seatbelt for the driver outboard buckles up half into the center spot, and the center seatbelt comes out from behind the driver outboard person. Sort of like this.

Center Buckle |Driver Outboard buckle|Center Seatbelt strap|Driver Outboard Strap

I felt that you could only get 2 people buckled at the same time. Passenger Outboard and Center or Passenger Outboard and Driver Outboard. We were considering buying one, but not now. I want to be able to get 3 people buckled or 1 carseat and 2 people buckled.

momtoonegirl
12-29-2007, 03:28 PM
We also recently rented a 2007 Rav4. I had a tough time installing our Marathon rear facing in the center position due to the one strap/two buckle system. I think if we were to use one of the outboard LATCH positions it would have been much easier, but I am used to the seatbelt install. Since I was installing rearfacing, I did not notice the top tether positions.

HTH :)