PDA

View Full Version : why are they always crying??? need to vent..

gatorsmom
12-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Ok, this is going to be hard. I knew that twins would be harder than a single baby. But why are they always crying? I"ve tried all the usual stuff- dirty diaper? needs to burp? hungry? but it seems like everytime they are tired and need to sleep they cry. They just want to be held. I can't hold them both all the time!!!! It's driving me crazy. I can't get ANYTHING done. I still haven 't unpacked from our Christmas trip. I"ve been trying to do this for 3 days now. Even now, just from typing these words, they just started crying again- both of them. ugh!!!!!

o_mom
12-28-2007, 11:28 AM
It is the suckiest feeling when you can't do a darn thing. I felt that way each time with just one, I can't even imagine two. I never did figure out how to do anything but ride it out and it eventually got better. Sending you sleepy baby vibes!

elizabethkott
12-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Oh, Lisa... (((((hugs)))))
I'm sorry the babies are not cooperating with you! I have no btdt advice for twins... :(
Are you swaddling them? J-man would freak out until he was about 3 months unless he was swaddled to sleep. Then he figured out how to break out of his "burrito" and that was the end of swaddling...
Hopeing they go to sleepy-land soon!

SnuggleBuggles
12-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Is it growth spurt time? My ds is 3 weeks old now and there were a few days recently that were just awful with the crying, constant eating and just fussiness. Things are better now.

If you suspect colic I read that probiotics can make a huge difference in things. Might be worth a shot.

It has to be so hard when they double team you! GL and hope it is a short phase!!

Beth

Marisa6826
12-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Two words. Swing and swaddle. I'd wrap the girls up tight like burritos, put their little hats on, then strap them into their swing. Those tricks were my saving grace with both girls. And boy, did we bow down to the Energizer Gods. Oh, and the last big trick is to have the swing on way faster than you think it should be. My post partum doula told me that it needs to be on par with a fast walk from when you were pregnant to remind them of when they were in your belly.

Good luck and Godspeed
-m

gatorsmom
12-28-2007, 12:53 PM
ooh- quiet moment. They seem to be wiggling out of their burritos now, 6 weeks post partum. But the swing does work- for very short periods of time. And it's not the take-along portible swing they like- they seem to prefer the old FP open-top swing.

I know it's just something I have to ride out. At some point here, they'll be eating more less often. And they won't be so gassy. or fussy. I dream of that day....

lizajane
12-28-2007, 05:51 PM
would you be interested in hearing from a twin mom who slings both of her twins at the same time so she can care for/play with her 5 year old? i bet she would be happy to send some tips your way. her girls were born in august. (or sept? anyway. around then.)

she is super natural and may have some good ideas.

hope you find some calm soon!

kijip
12-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Are you getting any help around the house? With 4 kids, 4 and under including newborn twins, I would try and divert as much as you can into pp doula, mother's helper or housecleaning. I have never BTDT, but I can't imagine it would be easy. I am sure you are doing a far better job of it that I would be doing! Do you have two big cradle swings? I would get a second one if you are trying to do 1 in the travel swing and 1 in the big swing.

Also, is there a twins mom group near you at all? That can be a lot of help, just to have a local connection with people that are doing it or have BTDT.

gatorsmom
12-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Yes, I absolutely would be interested in knowing how she slings 2 babies! I bought a Moby wrap which I love for one baby but find that I'm very uncomfortable wearing 2 in it- even though it is technically possible.

I do have other help- I have a nanny who mainly takes care of the older 2 kids during weekdays, thank God. She also does some laundry and does a load of dishes. More importantly, she cleans up their toys. and I have my husband trained to take his laundry to a laundress. He generates so much laundry that this is a great way of showing him exactly how much he produces. It's pretty cheap. Oh, and I have a housekeeper who comes 2x per month. So, that keeps me somewhat sane. But somehow I still cannot find enough time in the day for other stuff. BFing every 2 hours 24/7 takes up ALOT OF TIME.

thomma
12-28-2007, 09:58 PM
I dreaded every night from 8-11 because ds and dd would cry nonstop. The crying stunk but the feelings of being inadequate and not being able to give each baby what they needed sucked. It does get better...I promise! Both of my kids like the chairs that vibrated.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

Jenn98
12-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Okay, here is my advice looking back on my DD#2's first year: It doesn't matter. And by that I mean, all the stuff you are trying to get done doesn't matter. I used to freak out about all the little stuff: laundry, dishes, food. It drove me off a cliff. I wish I had taken a deep breath and just let my house go to pot. Seriously, this time will not last forever. It will pass, even if it doesn't feels like it now. Unload all responsibility and just do what you need to do to get through the day and recognize that as the huge accomplishment it is! (((hugs)))