PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Christmas Tree

Marisa6826
12-28-2007, 12:32 PM
See, this is the part I can't stand. It's looking at me, from the corner of the living room. I can't sit down without it staring, mocking me...

So what's the deal with your tree?

Jacksonvol
12-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Ours stays up until Epiphany, 1/6, so we are still enjoying it.

Moneypenny
12-28-2007, 12:53 PM
We always take ours down New Year's Day. But this year it is driving me crazy that it is still up, so it's coming down tomorrow. If I experience the ever-elusive After Work Burst Of Energy, I may even get started tonight!

Wife_and_mommy
12-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Mine's been up since mid-Nov. so I'm ready for it to come down. DH said it might be next weekend but I think I'll tackle it this weekend.

Gena
12-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Usually we leave ours up until Epiphany (Jan 6). Last year, DS loved the tree so much we decided to leave it up until Candlemas Day (Feb 2), which marks end of the Christmas season in Catholic tradition.

This year it will probably come down sometime in mid-January, depending on when we have the time and when we need the room.

elizabethkott
12-28-2007, 01:09 PM
It's still here. Barricaded from the crafty little man, spastic kitty and crazy dog. It's hard to really enjoy the tree when I'm constantly running defense to protect it!
Gonna take that bad-boy down this weekend, just to save my sanity!

momma_boo
12-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Mine is still going strong ... b/c it's a fake. DD was asking me today when we are putting it away (wasn't she just harassing me constantly to put it up?). I told her next weekend we'll do it. Seems to early to put it away before New Year's.

buddyleebaby
12-28-2007, 01:45 PM
We didn't put ours up until the 23rd, so I expect it to last through Epiphany.

BeachBum
12-28-2007, 01:52 PM
We took ours down yesterday. The water in the bottom was sooooo smelly! I haven't taken down the other decor--I'm dreading it! I have about a zillion snow village things to put away, and about 30 nativity pieces that need to go back into the right boxes. Not to mention 10 outdoor wreathes, and garland stretched all along our fence and 2nd story balcony. Gulp.

lisams
12-28-2007, 02:07 PM
This year we bought a live tree, so it will be planted in our backyard once it warms up a little. Right now it's still in the living room, we'll probably take the decorations off and put it on the patio this weekend.

ellies mom
12-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Ours will stay up until January 1st, but I'm almost ready to take it down early.

kijip
12-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Ours went up earlier than ever before this year (normally we wait till Xmas eve or thereabouts). I have a hard time taking it down before Epiphany. Just what I grew up with.

elliput
12-28-2007, 03:10 PM
It might stay up a couple more days, and then into the new storage tote it goes. The original box it came in is toast after 14 years.

maestramommy
12-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Since we've been away for most of Christmas, I want to enjoy our cheap little 20" fiber optic lead shedding tree for a few days more. I'm not taking it down until at least after New Year's.

ThreeofUs
12-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Ours still looks wonderful, and we never seemed to want to put up decorations this year. Odd - usually we do, but it looks so pretty with all the lights that we've just left it up.

It'll have to go before DH starts a new semesters' teaching/research/travelling, though, or it won't leave until June! :)

katydid1971
12-28-2007, 08:04 PM
I don't know if DS will let me take it down :) He LOVES it!!!! First thing in the morning he wants to put on the lights. He also keeps asking for more presents. I think I'll take it down after Epiphany.

klwa
12-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Ours stays up through Epiphany. So still another week plus to go.

ribbit1019
12-28-2007, 08:54 PM
That bad boy is gone tomorrow, we out ours up early this year so for a cut tree it is looking pretty sad. :( The rest of the decor will be up until after the new year.

dr mom
12-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Ours is coming down this weekend before it spontaneously combusts. Traditionally, I have been responsible for keeping the tree watered every day, but this year I told DH that it was just too difficult to crawl under the tree with a pitcher and a 7-months pregnant belly. He assured me that HE would water the tree. Someday, perhaps he will...but as far as I can tell, it hasn't happened yet.

The few times I've checked it, it was bone-dry, and needles are shedding all over the carpet...definitely time to say buh-bye to the tree.

Melanie
12-29-2007, 04:03 AM
Ours stays up until Epiphany, 1/6, so we are still enjoying it.

Same here. Sometimes a little longer but then the weight of having to put it all away starts to burden my shoulders! Until then, we enjoy. However in years past when we had a real tree it didn't usually get lit b/c it was crispy. We have our first fake one this year and I'm enjoying having a pretty tree up since Thanksgiving!