PDA

View Full Version : Double VS. SitNStand

montyrn
12-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Ok o' experienced ones... Will have an almost 3 y/o and a newborn in July...wondering what recommendations you have for the sit n stands. Seems like the doubles won't accomodate a car seat at first, yes? So I'm leaning towards the sit n stands. Lets hear what you have to say! We appreciate it!!!

krisgus
01-31-2008, 11:25 PM
There are a couple options you can consider if you want to do a traditional DS. The Evenflo Take Me Too Tandem Stroller will actually accomodate your infant seat, plus older child in front. It has been reviewed terribly on Amazon, so I'd definitely see in person before I took the plunge. The Graco Duo-glider might also be worth looking at. The back seat can lay down for infants and can accomodate a carseat.

Having said that, I went the route of the Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand and have never looked back. DS was 2 years 9 months when DD arrived. Sit 'n Stand has an attachment to accomodate the infant seat carrier (although it does infringe on the jump seat for the standing child a bit). It was never too much of an issue for us. DS loved being able to stand or sit. And we used this stroller more after DD was out of her infant seat. Often if I had both kids alone (and DD needed to be in the stroller), I would put DD in the Bjorn and push my son. Or I would use my universal carseat carrier stroller (which I adored) and let son help push.

Good luck.

salsah
02-01-2008, 12:23 AM
i think that some sbs double joggers might accomodate an infant car seat. the zooper tango also might and i think i have heard of people using the phil & teds in double mode with a car seat. sorry i don't have any definate info on those but i know that the 2008 peg perego aria 60/40 does accomodate a car seat.

wether you need a double or not depends on your 3 y/o. does dc like sitting in the stroller? does dc still nap in the stroller? if not, then you could get away with just a sit n stand or joovy caboose. if dc occasionally needs to sit / sleep, you can put the newborn in a carrier.

hth

mommyx2
02-02-2008, 10:40 AM
My children are 18 months apart and we went with the double stroller but it didn't get much use (other than to haul packages and coats around the mall). DS loved to walk and we only used it a handful of times. I have yet to buy a sit n stand but am planning on getting one soon. I would recommend the sit n stand since your son is already 3. Does he like to sit in the stroller? I guess that is the key factor when deciding.

Good luck to you!

Peg
DS Benjamin 12/4/04
DD Katherine 6/1/06

happy2bamom
02-02-2008, 11:01 AM
My kids are 2 1/2 years apart and I got the Joovy Caboose and it has worked really well for us. DS#1 loves to have the option to walk or ride. Another plus is that he is able to get in and out without any help.

The only con is that it is really heavy and bulky. Which, I"m guessing is true of most DS too.

Good luck!

salsah
02-02-2008, 01:28 PM
joovy caboose made a new lighter model (joovy caboose ultralight) which i heard is much better than the original caboose or the sns. (just batter made all around -- better steering, better seats, better wheels, parent console, and lightweight!)

etaylor75
02-02-2008, 01:48 PM
We just got the Joovy Caboose Ultralight for DS 2.5 and DD newborn. So far it has worked really well. It is fairly light, but pretty long when folded up. I drive a Jeep Cherokee and it barely fits in the back of my car - so if you drive a smaller car, make sure it isn't too big.

That said, it's still smaller than a double, easy to steer, easy to fold/ unfold and DS loves riding on it.

The cheapest I found it was at www.albeebaby.com - and they shipped it really quickly.

Erin

WatchingThemGrow
02-02-2008, 02:11 PM
My oldest was almost 1.5 when the baby arrived, and we're loving our BJCED, but I have to say that the Bugaboo with the wheeled board has been fantastic too! The older one jumps right on, says, "Whee" and "Woo Hoo!" while riding. Not sure how long that will last before it turns into one of those flat-out in the parking lot tantrums, but... if you happen to have a stroller that can accommodate a board, I'd try that.