PDA

View Full Version : Inappropriate Jones Talk

elizabethkott
12-30-2007, 12:32 PM
"So x and y are trying to get pg again (they just had dc1 in May). So when are YOU guys going to have another?"
- Why are you telling us our friends' business? If x and y want us to know they are trying, THEY will tell us.
- Why are you asking us when we'll start trying again? Oh, BECAUSE YOU DO EVERYTHING WE DO!!!!! And none of your dang business!

"Mr. Jones said you guys are going to put your house on the market. How much are you going to list it for?"
- None of your dang business!

"So what price range are you going to look to buy in?'
- See above.

"I know of some people who have their house listed for x... it's really nice. Why don't you go look at that house?"
- I saw it online. I liked it. I went to go look at the location. It's next to a commercial parking lot. Therefore, we're not interested.

"Yeah, but it's a REALLY nice house."
- I agree. But it's next to a parking lot.

"They just redid all the floors. And put in a new kitchen. And it has waterviews."
- IT'S NEXT TO A PARKING LOT.

"Yeah, they said that's why they are having a hard time selling it.
- WTF?! You are sitting here telling me all about the house, practically pushing me to go look at it and then tell me that my exact same complaint about the house that we don't want to buy is the same reason they are having trouble selling it?

"I don't like this wine. Can we open another bottle?"
- I don't like the fact that the wine you always serve us stains my teeth red and gives me a hangover worse than doing shots of Jaager in college, but *I* think it's in poor taste to voice your discontent when you are a guest in someone's home and they are serving you something. So shut your pie hole and drink the freakin' Clos de Bois 2004 that is yummytastic and delicious, and doesn't give you a hangover and doesn't stain your teeth red!!!!!

GAH!

egfmba
12-30-2007, 12:39 PM
My, my, my. Did they ask to perform your next pap, too? That's way too much info they ask for! What nosy rosies!!

I did love the "buy the house we know no one wants" spiel. That was touching. Were they planning on buying it and wanted to gauge your response to it before making an offer? :D You should ask them why they don't move there (maybe they will and leave you alone!).

Love to read these threads!

eva

ShanaMama
12-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Oh Liz- thanks for the Jones update & the laugh. You need to tell them you're selling your house and moving cross country. After they move you then cancel your plans! Oh- but then we wouldn't get any more stories, so never mind.

caleymama
12-30-2007, 01:31 PM
:47:
They really are too much. I must say I love they way you re-tell the conversations.

JoyNChrist
12-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Such a lovely woman. You're so lucky to be their friend.

bubbaray
12-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Such a lovely woman. You're so lucky to be their friend.

Yeah, that.

Snort.

elliput
12-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Wow, they are just completely without clue. :30: And why do you continue to have contact with these idiotic people?

lizajane
12-30-2007, 02:47 PM
my holiday was just NOT going to be complete with a Jones update!!! i have been waiting and waiting! hooray!!

please please tell us all about the gifts they blabbered on about and the decorations they used and the non existant kitchen that cooked their christmas dinner! i can't get enough of these folks!!!

LarsMal
12-30-2007, 03:29 PM
So shut your pie hole...GAH!

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Boy, I do love me a good Jones update!

elephantmeg
12-30-2007, 04:03 PM
hehehe. Got to love them. And do tell us all about the Jones Christmas. I hope you're taking notes so that in 15 years and under an assumed name you can write a book :) I'll buy it!

cvanbrunt
12-30-2007, 08:01 PM
- I don't like the fact that the wine you always serve us stains my teeth red and gives me a hangover worse than doing shots of Jaager in college,

What are they serving? Boone's Farm Strawberry Blush or is it MD 20/20? I guess technically they are wine...

elizabethkott
12-30-2007, 08:24 PM
OMG... Boone's Farm!!!! Bwahahahahahahaha!
We used to drink that ALL THE TIME in college! We called it the "world's biggest wine cooler". Complete with twisty straws and all... we would each have a bottle before going out... ah, good times!
No, I would prefer Boone's Farm to whatever it is they serve us. Heck, I'd take the boxed wine for nostalgia's sake too! Frankly, I have no clue what it is, but it's always the same, and it's always horrible... I must remember to start requesting mixed drinks when we go over there. :)

Aunt to sweet baby boy
12-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the story. You must spend new years with them so that we can get a new update. How is their new tenant doing?

tylersmama
12-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Ah, Boone's Strawberry Hill...my very first college drinking experience. Good times, good times.

As always, LOVE the Jones updates. Keep 'em coming!

Marisa6826
12-31-2007, 01:03 AM
Ahhhh, the Joneses. BTW, I thought of you as I drove out to E. Hampton (AND BACK) today as I passed your exit on the LIE. ;)

-m