PDA

View Full Version : Need Thank You Ideas For A Friend

randomkid
12-30-2007, 12:59 PM
I have a friend at work who has been super generous in giving hand me down toys for DD. She gave us a ton of Little People toys a few months ago and now she is giving us her DD's play kitchen complete with accessories, play food, etc. This is perfect timing since I've been wanting to get a kitchen for DD and her B-day is in a couple of weeks.

I want to do something more than a card to show my appreciation to her and her DD (who is 7yo). She doesn't really need toys as they are trying to get rid of stuff and she just received a lot of Christmas gifts. Any ideas for my friend and her DD?

Thanks

caleymama
12-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Maybe some movie passes? I've given them before with a gift card for the Coldstone Creamery that's adjacent to one of our local theaters. Or you could put together a movie basket with a movie rental gift card and some treats to go with it. That's something they could enjoy together.

Hand me downs are great, aren't they? Three of my cousins are 13, 10, and 8 and we've received so much from my aunt. I'm so grateful for it.

lizajane
12-30-2007, 02:42 PM
love the movie pass idea! maybe a gift certificate to a good store for a 7 year old? like gap kids or limited, too? or maybe a dinner out gift certificate for a kid friendly place?

another idea would be to take them out to dinner or host a dinner of appreciation.

i really like the experience idea. zoo gift certificates? um, what else... water park for the summer? fun kids' museum in the area?

randomkid
12-30-2007, 02:51 PM
I like the movie bucket idea. My stepdaughters got a bucket from Blockbuster for Christmas. There was a gift card for movie rental or purchase, popcorn, candy, etc. My SIL threw in some other fun stuff like cool socks and little hand held fans. I'll consider that. Clothes are not an option as her DD has way too many of those as well.

Yes, hand me downs are great. I have a huge box of Little People sets that will make great future gifts. This Christmas we gave DD a hand me down from my stepdaughters. It was a complete set from the movie "A Bug's Life". DD loves that movie and the girls had this toy when they were little. It's the ant hill with all the characters. It was great - my oldest stepdaughter put it together and set it up under the tree for DD to find on Christmas morning. She was so surprised and didn't quite know what to think of it. I LOVE hand me downs!