PDA

View Full Version : What are you doin' new years,new years eve?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
12-31-2007, 04:22 AM
For us, mil is coming over for the evening and probobly spending the night. Fun for the kids and I don't have to worry about her being on the road. She wanted to babysit but since dh didn't get paid on time we're all staying home and watching movies.

What about you all, what's everyone doing to ring in the new year?

JoyNChrist
12-31-2007, 05:28 AM
DS is hanging out with my mom while DH and I go to a party at my best friend's fiance's new apartment. I'm not sure what all we're doing, but there will be food, alcohol, and the Wii, so I'm excited.

elizabethkott
12-31-2007, 09:17 AM
We're hosting another couple for a fancy-schmancy dinner. Since J goes to bed around 8:30, the timing will (hopefully) be perfect.
By typing that, I have just damned myself to a disasterous evening, haven't I? :52:

sidmand
12-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Maybe staying up until midnight?

I don't think we're doing anything. I think last year another couple with a little girl DS's age came over New Year's Day...

We're pretty boring!

DDowning
12-31-2007, 09:59 AM
We're taking the kids to the NYE celebration at Legoland! The "Brick" drop will happen at 6pm and we'll hopefully be home in time to watch the NYC TimeSquare Ball drop on TV. Whoo-hoo, what an exciting life! :P

g-mama
12-31-2007, 10:07 AM
Nothing much here. We'll be getting take-out PF Chang's and having a family movie night with sparkling cider, popcorn and Sno-Caps. After the kiddies go to bed, maybe dh and I will have our own movie night.

JBaxter
12-31-2007, 10:18 AM
We are just hanging here. I hit the after christmas hickoryfarms sale. DH suggested bringing in the new year in the hot tub!

Emmas Mom
12-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Hopefully sleeping! lol Yeah, we're pretty boring here too. Maybe if DH is up to it (he works until 8:00 tonight), we'll watch a movie & catch the ball drop. We do have some Martinellis so we COULD celebrate if we wanted to. We'll have to see.

vludmilla
12-31-2007, 01:51 PM
We'll probably go to an "open house" New Years' Eve party of an old friend and catch up with some other friends we don't see much. We'll bring DD because there will be other kids there so it isn't too much of an adult party. I'm sure we'll be home before midnight. We do have some raspberry lambic beer which we really like and maybe we'll share that when we get home and watch a movie or some boring t.v. (we don't have cable so the tv choices are pretty limited).

tnrnchick74
12-31-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm being REALLY boring. I have to be at work tomorrow at 0645, so I have to get up at 0445...which means and early bedtime. I'm pregnant, so no alcohol. I'm currently living at my Mom's and they are out of town (thank God for small favors!), so I'm all alone. The boyfriend and I are arguing, so I will probably just watch tv and go to bed early.

I know...boring...

maestramommy
12-31-2007, 07:03 PM
tonight we're going to a family party for the first time since Dora was born. It's potluck, so plenty of good food, kids running around, and we can leave early.

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday so we're going to my parents' place for sukiyaki. Yum!

JoyNChrist
12-31-2007, 07:11 PM
OT - What's sukiyaki?

Emmas Mom
12-31-2007, 08:51 PM
OT - What's sukiyaki?

Ok, now I'm hungry....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukiyaki

buddyleebaby
12-31-2007, 09:08 PM
Dh is working.
I will probably read until the ball drops and then go to bed.

momtoonegirl
12-31-2007, 09:14 PM
On New Years' Eve, DH, DD, and I will either watch an OnDemand movie and/or watch the ball drop on TV. We also have sparkling pomegranite juice I bought from Trader Joes.

On New Years' Day, we will probably do housework/post-holiday cleaning.

Not too exciting, huh.

Piglet
12-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Diddly SQUAT! Can you tell I am bitter? We do't usually do anything big, but I was hoping to get together with friends to play board games but they all have plans this year and DH and I don't :(

kijip
12-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Today I went to Ikea and bought a few items of furniture that I had given up finding what we wanted used. So tonight, we will be putting stuff together while splitting the champange my dad bought us for Xmas. Ahhh, that is the life. We are going to do an apple juice toast with Toby before we put him to bed.

Then tomorrow, we are hosting friends and family for a seafood dinner. Salmon, crab cakes, oysters etc.

bubbaray
12-31-2007, 11:20 PM
Nothing. DD#2 and I are both sick, blech. She went to bed an hour early and I will probably be asleep by 9pm. I haven't made it to midnight in years....

nfowife
01-01-2008, 12:49 PM
We went to some friend's house with another couple for fondue and games. My IL's are in town so they stayed home with the kiddos (who were asleep when we left). Had a great time and got home at 2 am....which is fun when your little one is up at 5:45 am every day! But it was worth it....

Today we are having about 30 people over to watch football. And I'm making all the food myself. The IL's took the kids to the mall for the play area and lunch so I have some time to clean and prep, DH is napping (he woke up with the kids this morning so I slept in!). Just need to get off this computer and get my butt in gear!

billysmommy
01-01-2008, 01:04 PM
We were able to get a babysitter last night so DH and I went to a party at a great restaurant in Waltham. Open bar, buffet, dessert buffet and champagne toast ~ we had SO much fun. Although the noisemakers we brought home for the boys didn't sound as good this morning after all those espresso martinis :)

JoyNChrist
01-01-2008, 05:50 PM
We ended up going to the lamest party in the history of the world.

Should have stayed home with DS...

JBaxter
01-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Here is what we did for New Years... ( its sparkling cider btw LOL) You can see our big screen TV from the deck so we turned of the fireplace and left the padio door open so we could watch the ball drop. Our deck was covered in ice!!!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/jeanaspictures/dec07122.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/jeanaspictures/dec07124.jpg