Sequence
Othello
Monopoly
Boggle

Need games for just 2 people.

Thanks!

NewMom2007
12-31-2007, 11:21 AM
I love Boggle! We take Boggle breaks at my office.

We also like Trivial Pursuit and my DH loves Chess (I need to learn how to play).

missym
12-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Lost Cities by Rio Grande
Master Labyrinth by Ravensburger (OOP but you can find copies on ebay - don't buy the 2007 version, it's different)
Carcassonne: The Castle
Odin's Ravens by Rio Grande
Cathedral

Gena
12-31-2007, 11:42 AM
If you're interested in history, Chronology is a fantastic game. We also like backgammon, Yahtzee, and dominoes.

vludmilla
12-31-2007, 11:57 AM
It's very simple, but as card games go I really like Rummy 500.

tamar
12-31-2007, 01:29 PM
Blokus is phenomenal. I read reviews stating that the travel version may be more appropriate for 2 players, but we use the regular version and do fine.

JustMe
12-31-2007, 01:33 PM
ETA: Oh sorry. Just re-read your post and saw you are only looking for games for 2 people. Taboo wouldn't work for you then. I'll leave it here in case anyone else is interested.

I love Taboo! You play in teams and there are cards with one word on the top and a bunch of related words under it. You have to get your team to guess the main word without using any of the related words. You have to be very creative sometimes. It uses a timer and you can go through as many cards as your team guesses until the timer runs out.

sidmand
12-31-2007, 02:30 PM
We do a lot of card games around here. Always have. Pitch, rummy, and gin are the main ones (and work well with two players).

Some you already mentioned...Scrabble and Boggle...

Does no TV include DVD games too? The various Scene Its work for two. We also play(ed) a lot of Trivial Pursuit...Stratego...Backgammon. Some of the old standards, if you like them.

fivi2
12-31-2007, 02:38 PM
There was a similar recent thread where someone posted the www.boardgamegeek.com site. I have been looking at that site lately and bookmarked a few pages with 2 player game suggestions.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1906551#1906551

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/9900

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/8691/

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1944986#1944986

Are just a few to get you started. Browse the forums and the Geeklists and you will find tons of suggestions.

I bought my husband Yinsh for xmas - we played it last night and enjoyed it. Next on my list to buy are Carcassonne and Lost Cities. They are all three different types of games, but get good reviews for two players new to board games. HTH!

SnuggleBuggles
12-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Do you happen to have an independent game store in your city? If so, check there. That's where we buy all of our Rio Grande Games. Let's see...

Jambo
Carcassone
Zeus and Hera
Chrononauts
Scene It
Scattegories

We got Blokus for Christmas but haven't played yet.

Beth

Momof3Labs
12-31-2007, 08:59 PM
Blokus is our favorite. We each play two colors from opposite corners.

Uno is good, too, but definitely more fun with more people.

rgors
01-01-2008, 12:27 PM
DH and I bought the card game "San Juan" as well as Ticket to Ride Europe edition for ourselves for Christmas this year. We love both of them.

San Juan is similar to (but still different from) "Puerto Rico" which is the #1 game on boardgamegeek (or at least it used to be -- haven't checked there in months).

TTR-Europe is a "rail game" that has a few twists to make it different from the original Ticket to Ride (USA). Any of the TTR games can be played two player, but the Europe edition is supposed to be the best as a 2-player game, so we chose that one.

As a bonus, both are good games for larger groups too. Every time we have introduced someone to TTR-Europe, they have LOVED the game.

DrSally
01-01-2008, 05:46 PM
have you tried loaded questions? Don't know how well it would work with 2 people though.