PDA

View Full Version : Martha's Vineyard

boss1
12-31-2007, 11:37 AM
My husband has finally agreed to take a summer family vacation in 2008. We haven't been on vacation in three years! We live in New England and were thinking of vacationing on Martha's Vineyard. Can you offer some suggestions on family friendly places to stay while at Martha's Vineyard?

Crystal

BillK
12-31-2007, 11:56 AM
I think you're going to be somewhat limited to renting a house. Most B & B's we've stayed at on both the Vineyard and Nantucket were not overly kid friendly.

How old are your kids? I'd imagine if they were like 10 and up you could swing a B & B - but younger than that and you'll most likely be renting a house. Not that that's necessarily a BAD thing. :)

There is a semi-big "hotel" in Vineyard Haven that may work - can't remember the name off hand - but I was never a fan of staying in Vineyard Haven - too busy and hectic. We always liked Oak Bluffs. Edgartown is nice to visit but a bit stuffy to stay at imo.

You have to eat at Jimmy Sea's Pan Pasta in Oak Bluffs if you go. Assuming it's still there - been about 5-6 years since we vacationed on MV.