PDA

View Full Version : Happy dance - going down another pants size

KBecks
12-31-2007, 01:55 PM
And that happy dance is Zumba.

I can happily report that I dropped from 1 year post pregnancy 14 to 12 in spring and 12 to 10 this winter..... I have to watch it though because while the 12's are big on me I'm *just* fitting comfortably in the 10s and need to stay on track so the 10s become my normal size and not just a brief flirtation. I think my favorite dress pants brand, Anne Klein, runs a little big to begin with.

I picked up two new pairs of jeans that fit awesome and I want to make sure I'm set in the 10s before I spend more on new, smaller clothes.

David wants to eat healthier (although he brought home a large pack of Hostess cupcakes and Nutty bars from Sam's a week ago and a big plate of fudge from a party last night -- do you think I should chuck them when he's not home?) He made a nice paella kind of dish the other night. I've had a few cupcakes but they are gross. I really should throw them out. Do you think that's bad? He brings home crap food and then complains about being large.

I want to get in great shape for the summer community theatre musical I'm auditioning for in May. I need to work on my abs so badly. Thinking of coming up with a 15-30 minute abs/pilates workout I can do every night after the boys go to bed at 8:30 p.m., plus my regular Zumba classes.

I'm hoping we can take a few more steps towards healthier eating in the new year. I need to come up with a plan though!

Wife_and_mommy
12-31-2007, 01:57 PM
That's awesome, K! Congratulations on the hard work. :)

JMS
01-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi Karen,
I'm responding to your thread even though it's a week old b/c I really want to get active in the MommyFIT forum and hope others will as well. We all need all the encouragement we can get!

DEFINITELY THROW OUT THE JUNK FOOD!! I understand hating to waste food, but it isn't food you want to be putting in your body or your kids' bodies, so get rid of it!!! And if it's junk food that doesn't even taste that great, all the more reason to get rid of it. For me there is nothing in the world like a good pastry so every once in a while I might splurge on a great treat, but then I remind myself that donuts and crousants (sp?) are never going to go extinct so there will always be one out there to find if I really, really want/need it. It's a logic that works for me... however, those size 6 jeans that I'm lusting over may not still be in the store in a few weeks, so I'd rather work toward that kinda treat .. kwim?

GL and please post more about your accomplishments .. it's inspiring for everyone!

gatorsmom
01-12-2008, 02:31 AM
Hi, Karen, I'm responding to your thread too because I think it's great how you are losing weight in such a healthy way. It sucks that it takes so long but the more slowly you lose it, the more likely it is that it will stay off. You should be so proud of yourself for keeping at it for so long!!

As for the junk food, I logged in just to tell you that yes, you absolutely should throw that junk away. It's not healthy or good for anyone so it's not like wasting food- you are doing yourself and your family a favor! If you want to feel guilty about something, feel bad about letting fresh vegetables go to waste ( a major fault of mine). Besides, if you just systematically throw out the garbage, maybe your husband will stop bringing it home. If he complains, tell him you are trying to help him. I do that and my husband complains until the day when he starts talking about dieting again and I have to remind him of his bad habits.

Keep up the good work!

elizabethkott
01-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Karen -
I just wanted to say, GO YOU!!!
I'm now back into a size 10 now too - and it feels great. Granted, my goal is a 6, but this is WAY bettern than where I was this time last year - in an 18. When I returned to work in April, I was a 16. Then down to a 14 for the summer, and a 12 at the beginning of school this year.
I just joined Nutrisystem, because WW was allowing me too many chances for me to "cheat" myself - I know that I need more of a routine and regiment of someone telling me "eat THIS", rather than the freedom of WW. So I think I'm going to stay on NS until I get myself into a 6, and then switch back to WW to maintain, because I really do love that program.
One of the things that NS has taught me this week is water, water, water. Like a LOT of water.
And salads. One with lunch, and one with dinner. HUGE salads.
Perhaps if you add those two things into what you're already doing, as well as avoiding the junk, it will help you with your continued success!
You're doing GREAT!!!!!
:)

MommytoEliana
01-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Way to go, Karen! That is so awesome. I've tried a few things to get rid of the baby weight but nothing is working so hot yet, mainly because it is so hard to be consistent. I'd never heard of Zumba before, but I looked it up and there is a class not too far from me. It's only once a week, though--wonder if I'd still get some decent results? It sounds like a fun way to be active!

Anyway, congrats again!