PDA

View Full Version : "The Water Horse" for a 5yo?

SnuggleBuggles
12-31-2007, 06:11 PM
How does this movie rate on the scare factor? Pretty much if it is scary at all my ds will probably never go to a movie theater movie again. :) The one website that used to breakdown that stuff doesn't have a review for it so I thought I'd check to see if anyone here has seen it. Thanks!!

Beth

AngelaS
12-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Read the review at http://www.pluggedinonline.com I'm not going to take my girls since it's TOTALLY different from the book.

lfp2n
12-31-2007, 08:59 PM
I took my nearly 5 yr old to see it. We enjoyed it (there's quite a complicated story about the war and the father etc that went right over her head) but she isn't very easily scared by movies. I think the dog chase scenes and the firing at the water horse at the end were pretty intense (my daughter was watching through her hands) so I don't think its suitable for a sensitive child who might scare easily.

HIH

Lucy DD 3/03

ast96
01-01-2008, 06:20 PM
My five-year-old son is not generally scared of things, but he cried in this movie. He was very scared by the firing of cannons and WW II guns at the creature. The action was too intense and the creature had some scary moments too. I wouldn't recommend it if you are on the fence.