PDA

View Full Version : Will you confirm that I'm giving proper advice?

jhrabosk
12-31-2007, 06:50 PM
My stepsister is due in early March and I offered her my Snugride (DD was born JUST before the Safeseats came out), but then thought it through and have suggested that she register for a Safeseat.

Here's why:

She lives in NYC and doesn't own a car. She lives in a fairly small apartment. I thought about how long my Snugride would last her, and then she'd have to get the bigger, bulkier convertible seat and find a place to store it in her apt. At least a Safeseat would last her longer...

Does that sound reasonable? Anything else I should consider with this advice?

TIA!

o_mom
12-31-2007, 06:54 PM
I think that's great advice - the Safeseat seems like it would be a NYC dream.

KrisM
12-31-2007, 10:52 PM
I also think that sounds great.

I'd probably offer the Snugride though. Depending on how big her baby is, it might last a long time. DD was so small, she was in a "normal" 22lb 29" infant seat until over age 1. I moved her to the Boulevard just because I thought she'd like being higher and more able to look out the window. She was only 17 lbs 8 oz and 28 inches at her 12 month. I had wanted to get a Safeseat and am glad I didn't. I don't think I would still be using it at 19 months, even though I could. I don't live in NYC though :).

Aunt to sweet baby boy
01-01-2008, 02:56 AM
I think a Safeseat would be perfect. If she is registering I would try and get one off the registry. If not I would give her the Snugride to use until she can get a Safeseat on sale.

Joolsplus2
01-01-2008, 04:24 PM
I love Ilana's idea... lend her the Snugride till she can find a cheap SS1 or register for it ($89 is the best price I've seen it for so far). I used my safeseat solidly till 15 months, it can be installed quite upright and is waaaaaaaay easier to lug around than a convertible, yup :)