PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Trainer Help

shburks
12-31-2007, 06:55 PM
DS is 3 yrs 2 months and daytime potty trained. He naps in a Pull-Up and is dry about half the time. He sleeps in a Huggies Overnight size 5 and has for about two years! We have had an occasional morning where he wakes up dry (maybe once every two weeks). If he sleeps in a Pull-Up, more often than not he wakes up soaked through his jammies. (It doesn't wake him up at night, but he is soaked in the morning and needs clean jammies and sheets.)

Here are my concerns:

1. The overnights are beginning to get too small
2. They seem babyish and backwards (we wear underwear all day, Pull Ups at nap and diapers at night...seems confusing)
3. I hate how much money I'm wasting on these. I didn't mind it so much when he wore cloth dipes all day and just disposables for overnight, but I feel like Pull Ups for nap AND diapers for overnight are just expensive.

Will any of these work:

1. MOE Night
2. Nikky All Night Pants
3. Motherease Bedwetter
4. Starbunz Super Undies

or are these options really better for an occasional accident rather than a pretty regular occuring thing at this point?

Susan

sarahsthreads
01-01-2008, 12:15 AM
I don't know about the cloth trainers. We're kind of in the same situation, although DD doesn't nap anymore (actually, on the rare occasion that she does fall asleep in the car and I can transfer her to her room, she naps in undies and manages to stay dry). We use the Huggies night-time pull-ups. I can't recall a single time she's wet through them overnight, and she is generally pretty wet in the morning...and pretty much every morning.

I can't decide whether we should go cold turkey (maybe if she feels wet she'll wake up to use the potty in the middle of the night?) or if I should wait until she's dry in the morning more often than not. (Maybe never at this rate...)

But you might want to try the Huggies night-time pull-ups instead of the regular pull-ups. They come in "T" sizes instead of diaper sizes - so either 2T-3T or 3T-4T. I don't think there's any difference in absorbancy areas for the boy or girl styles, it's just whether you want Cars or Princesses. ;)

Sarah

shburks
01-01-2008, 01:31 PM
I don't know about the cloth trainers. We're kind of in the same situation, although DD doesn't nap anymore (actually, on the rare occasion that she does fall asleep in the car and I can transfer her to her room, she naps in undies and manages to stay dry). We use the Huggies night-time pull-ups. I can't recall a single time she's wet through them overnight, and she is generally pretty wet in the morning...and pretty much every morning.

I can't decide whether we should go cold turkey (maybe if she feels wet she'll wake up to use the potty in the middle of the night?) or if I should wait until she's dry in the morning more often than not. (Maybe never at this rate...)

But you might want to try the Huggies night-time pull-ups instead of the regular pull-ups. They come in "T" sizes instead of diaper sizes - so either 2T-3T or 3T-4T. I don't think there's any difference in absorbancy areas for the boy or girl styles, it's just whether you want Cars or Princesses. ;)

Sarah

Sarah--Thanks for the tip, but I can't find the overnight Pull-Ups anywhere here. I *know* they make them since I've seen the commercials, but I've never seen them in any store here.

hbridge
01-01-2008, 01:35 PM
We use Goodnites (size S/M). They are made by Huggies, but are for larger children. They fit very much like underwear and hold quite a bit. I know they aren't the cloth that you are looking for, but they work well for us.

kcampbell
01-09-2008, 05:59 PM
We have the same situation with our DD. PT for well over a year now wears a pullup or diaper for naps and is about 50% dry but diapers at night (along w/ diaper doubles) and is always soaked. I just keep thinking eventually she will get there. I have accidentally forgotten to put a pull up or diaper on for the nap and usually she is dry but just two days ago I said "lets try no pullup or diaper, do you think you can do it? Oh yes sure" well sure enough she woke up soaked, clothes, bed and all! So we are back to naps with protection. I wish there was an easy answer.......