PDA

View Full Version : Noggin Help ASAP!!

KrystalS
12-31-2007, 07:38 PM
Ok I'm sure everyone here whose child watches Noggin will know what I'm talking about. Noggin was supposed to go 24/7 starting tonight, instead of switching over to The N at 5pm. The N was supposed to move to its own channel. Well DD has been so exciting about seeing the Franklin movie, seriously for the last week its all she talked about watching. So it comes on at 5 everything was fine, then at 530 it changes to Fresh Prince. DD is hysterical! We have Dish Network and I called them but they have no clue whats wrong, or really what I'm even talking about. They were definitely not understanding to my situation.
So did this happen to anyone else? Will someone check their tv and see if Noggin is actually on? Maybe they're having technical difficulties with the switch.

kristenk
12-31-2007, 07:46 PM
I just checked at 5:45pm and Franklin's movie is still going strong on our television. We have Comcast.

DH just said that he thought it was on at 5 and 8 today, so you might have another chance to tape it - if you're taping it, that is.

Good luck! I hope it's straightened out soon for you.

JoyNChrist
12-31-2007, 07:51 PM
5.51 here, and Franklin's on. We have Communicom.

KrystalS
12-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Still no Franklin, hopefully its fixed by the time it repeats. DD is not happy at all. Dish did call me back and said they are trying to fix the problem, I guess I wasn't the only parent that called!

lizajane
12-31-2007, 08:16 PM
so sorry!!! my kids saw the ad for the franklin movie on saturday and i set the DVR to record it then just to be sure we got it!!! (dvr=tifaux) i just saw that it is recording, so it must be on. i can't wait to take serious advantage of the franklin movie tomorrow afternoon!!! (the inlaws are here for the am shift. yay.)

Emmas Mom
12-31-2007, 08:49 PM
Holy cow, so that's why it's still on! I had no idea they were doing that. DD#1 was so excited when we got home & Franklin was on & now Dora Saves the Mermaids is on. We have Cox so I guess they made the switch. Hope they get yours fixed.

KrystalS
12-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Well anyone who has Dish Network you will probably be as mad as I am right now. They are not changing over their Noggin network. They plan to keep the channel like it is now, Noggin for 12 hrs, The N for 12 hrs. They plan to get the program guide fixed in the next few days, but for now it says what shows are on Noggin. So anyone who has Dish network your DVR will say that Franklin recorded but its actually only the first 30 min. I'm just happy that I'm at my moms house for the holidays and we don't have Dish Network at our house. I can't believe Dish is even able to do this!
Anyone that DVRed Franklin I would be so grateful if someone would put it on DVD for me. I would send paypal for the cost of the DVD and for your time! DD is so disappointed that she didn't get to see it.

lvales
01-01-2008, 02:50 AM
Oh I am so glad that we switched over to Direct TV for Sprout last year - now we have two channels to choose from at night.

If I still had Dish I would be a little upset.

egoldber
01-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Well anyone who has Dish Network you will probably be as mad as I am right now.

Um yeah that would be ME! Sarah was looking forward to that Franklin movie for days and was so upset this morning when in the middle it switched over to the N!

Did Dish CS tell you they weren't making the switch at all? I had assumed it was just some kind of screw up.

KrystalS
01-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Thats right they said they would not be making the switch at all. Aside from the shows last nite it wouldn't be a huge deal but you know they will advertise shows during the day that will be on at night. I don't understand it at all, how difficult would it have been to just move The N to another channel. Thats exactly why I don't have Dish at my own house.

emilys_mom
01-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Well anyone who has Dish Network you will probably be as mad as I am right now. They are not changing over their Noggin network. They plan to keep the channel like it is now, Noggin for 12 hrs, The N for 12 hrs.

I just switched to Dish back in September and I swear every month they do something else that irritates me! What is the point of this? Should we all write complaints? I was really looking forward to not having to DVR something for DD to watch while I make dinner. Arrgghh!:32: