PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Rebecca! We loved Longwood Gardens!

daisy1234
12-31-2007, 10:04 PM
I can't thank you enough ...I took my 2 year old dd to Longwood gardens today and it was so fantastic....soooo beautiful! We really loved the ice skating shows! They have a new childrens garden indoors for them to go through! So glad I checked the website ...they recommeded an extra shirt and to bring a towel...as there are many fountains for them to splash in! My little one loved that! The pictures that I captured are priceless....We also lucked out with a perfect day! Anyway....I great day trip on a nice day! and the Dansko outlet is only maybe 10 miles down the road!
Thank you again! I hope some of you consider a day trip if you are close!

http://www.longwoodgardens.org/

StantonHyde
01-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I am so glad you had fun! When I was living there 11 years ago they had a small childrens garden inside. I loved the inside atrium, it put winter at bay! My favorite was the room with all the orchids in it--amazing. They did not have splashy stuff there or ice skating--it was geared much more to adults. I am happy to hear they have added kids programming. The Gardens here has a wonderful children's garden and classes for kids through out the year which is really nice.

I am just so jealous of the Dansko outlet :-)